Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD vs. C.C.

Ok...for all you Vets out there...

In your opinion, which academy is more demanding (physically, mentally & academics) CPD or CCDOC?

Physically I would say Cook County. At least when I went through, that was about 7 years ago. Nowadays it is a kinder, gentler academy. It is now a hands off academy for Instructors. Corrections Officers trained by Court Services. The shame of it! They used to make Jailguards. They still PT more than Chicago. I give them that.

Academics, Chicago hands down.

Comment

Yeah, totally agree with Himso. The one thing I can add is that CC tries to have more of a military-like atmosphere.
      WIISAD
      While invisible, I see and destroy.

Comment

CPD was a very physically demanding Academy. I know the regular C.C. Academy really is not. I don't know much about the CCDOC one though... Academics, well, I'm sure that CPD's is harder, BUT I bet it is harder for the CCDOC cadets since 4 out of 5 of them read at an 8th grade level
        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Have any of you been through both academies recently? I would think if you have not you really can't say. I have been through both, but because of the time spread I can not really comment which is tougher. CPD Academy is twice as long as CCDOC.

Comment

Nope. Several good friends from DOC are in the academy right now. They said DOC has alot more PT but that CPD runs way more than DOC. They sound really happy to be where they are at. I'm glad for them, they are good people and CPD is lucky to have them.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
              CPD was a very physically demanding Academy. I know the regular C.C. Academy really is not. I don't know much about the CCDOC one though... Academics, well, I'm sure that CPD's is harder, BUT I bet it is harder for the CCDOC cadets since 4 out of 5 of them read at an 8th grade level
              Its not our fault. We ain't got all that fancy book learnin you got in exotic Dupage!

Comment

Originally posted by Himso View Post
                Nope. Several good friends from DOC are in the academy right now. They said DOC has alot more PT but that CPD runs way more than DOC. They sound really happy to be where they are at. I'm glad for them, they are good people and CPD is lucky to have them.
                Could it also be that CPD PT is spread out over the length of the academy coupled with the running? Just a question. When the academy is twice as long, it is easier to spread things out and people tend to think there is more PT because CC's is squeezed into less time.
                Last edited by SeVere; 07-27-2007, 06:09 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

with all the running, get rookies rail thin before the weight gain....
                  " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                  " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9816 users online. 496 members and 9320 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X