300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elgin Pd Duty Weapons

Got a pretty good chance of getting a job offer w/ Elgin PD and was wondering what the issued sidearm is? Also, wondering if there's a list of approved weapons if you want to buy your own. I currently carry a Glock 21 for duty and want to know if I need to start getting used to something else?

If you don't want to post this info on a public forum PM me.

Thanks.

its a S & W....i think its a .40..i forgot exactly what..but thats whats issued to you..than if you want to carry something else you just have to qualify...

Comment

thanks. anybody else?

Comment

Why not give them a call and ask?

Comment

talked to my BI and he really did not know. he was issued a S&W .45 but was unsure if the issued firearm changed or if there was a list to purchase off of. hence my request.

Comment

they issue either

1. Smith and Wesson in a .45

2. Glock 22

Those are your choices. Take it or leave it.

Comment

outstanding. thanks.

Comment

You are issued a S&W .45 Model 4586 inititally. When you go to the academy you have to qualify with it. After that you can buy any weapon on the approved list (not sure what is approved), and then qualify to shoot that weapon of your choice.

P.S.- I am in the academy right now for Elgin P.D.

Goodluck!

Comment

Sweet! I'm already a certified PO, so no need for the academy. They send you guys to SLEA? I just had a class down there last week, so I may have seen ya. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by nkpd44 View Post
                    Sweet! I'm already a certified PO, so no need for the academy. They send you guys to SLEA? I just had a class down there last week, so I may have seen ya. Good luck.
                    Yep....SLEA. Graduating in September.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5090 users online. 176 members and 4914 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X