300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey CPD guys, what you think of SSC.com

Just wondering what the CPD guys on this board think of http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/ Basically this is a "blog" of CPD Officers and topics that there is alot of 'venting' going on. So guys that are on CPD, is SCC pretty accurate, or way off base? I find I can't help but read alot of the comments for pure entertainment. And if it is ACCURATE, all you that want to apply to CPD, give it a read, and you might not be so concerned of "when your test scores come in" because it will make you want to RUN

Edit: YES, I know I mistyped it as SSC.com and it should have been SCC.com in my title, but it won't let me edit it.
    Last edited by dogcop; 07-25-2007, 04:10 AM.
    www.saveavet.org

NOTE: when you edit if you click on "advance" it will let you edit the title.

Comment

If you're a new guy, you're the one-glove, hair gel Police, older guy, you're a dinosaur and should retire, North side vs South side, If you were promoted you're a suck***** or clouted your way up. Fillmore vs Englewood as the toughest coppers in the city. Every boss is a POS and a merit pick. Tac Teams are crybabies, one bag arrest cowboys and should be abolished, All units are filled with clout babies and should be abolished. If you're on the job for more than 2 years, you have a God given right to be in a unit or be made Det or Sgt.,Have 15-20 yrs on, you should quit or kill yourself, as you're the ones that "gave" the city away. Everyone should get the same pay grade as Det's, everyone knows who the new Supt. is going to be and why their theory is the only correct one. Step in crap and your name and some type of factual/ fictional mix of the account of what you did will be posted for all to see and critique.

I cringe when I see some of the posts, the things that are said by some are so idiotic and insane, that I can't believe they were formulated in the brains of members of our Dept.

The one thing everyone seems to agree with is that moral has swirled down the toilet on this Dept.

Saved all of you from having to read the blog..

Test in the burbs...

Comment

Hey ChiTownDet, The grass is not always greener by us. Some of us say damn why the hell are we not working by you.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

ChiTownDet...LOL!!!!! You nailed it, that is most of what is written. If the people that are writing ARE Coppers (I'm sure some are Trolls), then there is a TON of bitterness on CPD.
          www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
            Just wondering what the CPD guys on this board think of http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/ Basically this is a "blog" of CPD Officers and topics that there is alot of 'venting' going on. So guys that are on CPD, is SCC pretty accurate, or way off base? I find I can't help but read alot of the comments for pure entertainment. And if it is ACCURATE, all you that want to apply to CPD, give it a read, and you might not be so concerned of "when your test scores come in" because it will make you want to RUN

Edit: YES, I know I mistyped it as SSC.com and it should have been SCC.com in my title, but it won't let me edit it.
            I think the writer was a pretty frequent contributor here. Have not seen him post here for a while now.

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
            If you're a new guy, you're the one-glove, hair gel Police, older guy, you're a dinosaur and should retire, North side vs South side, If you were promoted you're a suck***** or clouted your way up. Fillmore vs Englewood as the toughest coppers in the city. Every boss is a POS and a merit pick. Tac Teams are crybabies, one bag arrest cowboys and should be abolished, All units are filled with clout babies and should be abolished. If you're on the job for more than 2 years, you have a God given right to be in a unit or be made Det or Sgt.,Have 15-20 yrs on, you should quit or kill yourself, as you're the ones that "gave" the city away. Everyone should get the same pay grade as Det's, everyone knows who the new Supt. is going to be and why their theory is the only correct one. Step in crap and your name and some type of factual/ fictional mix of the account of what you did will be posted for all to see and critique.

I cringe when I see some of the posts, the things that are said by some are so idiotic and insane, that I can't believe they were formulated in the brains of members of our Dept.

The one thing everyone seems to agree with is that moral has swirled down the toilet on this Dept.

Saved all of you from having to read the blog..

Test in the burbs...

Hahahahaha he summarized it all for each and ever new post. That is what the comments will be, even if the post had to do with CME and CBOT merger.

Comment

There is a ton of bitterness on CPD. Well there is some bitterness.

Comment

A few years ago someone at the academy once told me that the biggest cause of stress on this job will not come from the people you deal with on the street- You can always just lock them up. Instead, the biggest cause of stress on this job comes from within- FROM YOUR OWN PEOPLE- Your bosses, co-workers, the politics, the political correctness, etc. Sometimes, it can all be overwhelming.

Nevertheless, I still love what I do and where I do it. The CPD definitely beats where I use to work as the police. However, ChiTownDet is correct. Moral has definitely swirled down the toilet- and a lot of that bitterness is reflected on the Second City blog.

Comment

I hope no one uses that site as a source of information. It's a source of opinions (low ones at that). Every dept has it's flaws. A large city is going to have them too, there are just more people to complain. I respect people's right to complain so I won't go into a rant about how I feel about some things on that site. Just know that many of us love what we do, where we do it, all faults aside .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7583 users online. 361 members and 7222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X