300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requirements for Tac Teams

Anyone know the requirements (tests, years of service, etc) for Chicago HBT? ISP SWAT?

Thanks,
    RyBaK477
    Last edited by RyBaK477; 07-23-2007, 09:19 AM. Reason: need more info

There is no more HBT. It is an official SWAT team now. They have tryouts for the team. Minimum 5yrs on the job. Some exceptions to that though (ie. military with combat experience).

Comment

And there is a difference between a Tac Team and the SWAT team in Chicago.

Tac Team members are non-uniformed officers (except for the safe summer fridays YAY!), and they rotate between the Gang Teams and Tac Teams. They drive unmarked cars and are based out of each District. Both of my parents are Tac officers but they are not SWAT.

SWAT for Chicago has taken the place of HBT, and is comprised of Chicago Police Officers only now. HBT used to be a mixture of chicago and cook county sheriffs police. They are full time SWAT members and that is ALL they do now.

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D View Post
        And there is a difference between a Tac Team and the SWAT team in Chicago.

Tac Team members are non-uniformed officers (except for the safe summer fridays YAY!), and they rotate between the Gang Teams and Tac Teams. They drive unmarked cars and are based out of each District. Both of my parents are Tac officers but they are not SWAT.

SWAT for Chicago has taken the place of HBT, and is comprised of Chicago Police Officers only now. HBT used to be a mixture of chicago and cook county sheriffs police. They are full time SWAT members and that is ALL they do now.
        If SWAT is all they do then they sure don't do much. Don't believe the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
          They do look mean, though..And the armoured tanky-truck-kind of-thing is cool..

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
            Oh no, I dont believe any of the hype. What I meant is that (and correct me if I have been misinformed) the SWAT members are FULL time members. IE they dont do normal patrol functions. Now like I said that is what I have been told by multiple Chicago PD officers, and an ex HBT CCS member. When I was with the county our SWAT guys were only part time SWAT, they did normal patrol functions and acted as SWAT member only when called out or training.

Seems like alot of the Spec Ops guys get a chip on their shoulders too, I think thats pretty much every where you go.

"We're elite!! HOORAAAHHH"
            Last edited by M.C.S.D; 07-24-2007, 06:37 PM.

Comment

in addition to what everyone else is saying,
              tac teams ususally require 3 years, a lot of productivity, and a lot of arrests don't hurt. in our district there is an "incident team" that serves as a stepping stone for a lot of tac officers. there are "exceptions" to getting on tac or swat but that goes the same for every team, unit, etc.

Comment

Yeah, some times it can take a few years, or not. Getting on to the Rapid Response teams is a good way to get there too. My mom did it in 2 years, but she got onto the rapid response team, and had ALOT of gun seizures.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10549 users online. 532 members and 10017 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X