300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is going for Kankakee PD?

I'm thinking about applying there. I'm only about 30 minutes from them.

I'm wondering if anyone here works/worked for/with their department.

I'm going to call to see if they have a residency requirement, it didn't say anything along those lines on blueline so I'll call and see.

I picked up an app and they said no requirement. But can not make it to their testing dates. Power in the morning which ends at 1 and then have to go back there at 7 the same day to take written. Kinda screwed up.
    "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Did both of you apply? I see there is a fingerprint card inside the application. It says to be completed and signed. Do we have to get fingerprinted before we turn this in or do we just fill out the info and they finger print us?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott32 View Post
        Did both of you apply? I see there is a fingerprint card inside the application. It says to be completed and signed. Do we have to get fingerprinted before we turn this in or do we just fill out the info and they finger print us?
        I did not turn in my app. I did not want to sit down there for six hours waiting for testing.

Why do not see why you can not go to your local PD and get fingerprinted. Obviously a cost associated with it. Maybe Lockport unless they are out writing tickets for parking on the street between 3-6!!!
        Last edited by LockednLoaded; 07-27-2007, 01:30 PM.
        "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

you have to live in kankakee county

Comment

Originally posted by classxfelony1 View Post
            you have to live in kankakee county
            Why would they not include it in the application if there was a residency requirement?

Comment

Why would they not include it in the application if there was a residency requirement?
              Because its usually not a problem for most applicants. I think that this last round of testing is the first time they ever advertised on Blueline. For several years they only put out notices in the local paper, which brought out only local people. And to be honest they really dont care, either you adjust to it, or you dont have a job.

Comment

I think they should include it. Some people might not always have a bunch of $20's sitting around to apply at places just to find out that they have a residency requirement. Some people don't have the means/desire to move. Personally, I really don't care either way because I'm a single guy with no kids. I have no problem with a residency requirement but I'd like to know ahead of time so I can plan just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by classxfelony1 View Post
                  Because its usually not a problem for most applicants. I think that this last round of testing is the first time they ever advertised on Blueline. For several years they only put out notices in the local paper, which brought out only local people. And to be honest they really dont care, either you adjust to it, or you dont have a job.
                  Get it in writing then I will believe you. I find it very unlikely a department will sneak in a residency requirement on applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
                    \did not turn in my app. I did not want to sit down there for six hours waiting for testing

Why do not see why you can not go to your local PD and get fingerprinted. Obviously a cost associated with it. Maybe Lockport unless they are out writing tickets for parking on the street between 3-6!!!

Wow, before I got hired i would have slept outside the station the night before the test if i had too... maybe you don't want the job that bad??

Comment

Wow, before I got hired i would have slept outside the station the night before the test if i had too... maybe you don't want the job that bad??
                      I agree

Comment

It was not that important to me. Other departments might be a different story, but Kankakee I will pass.

Comment

Just to let you all know I just talked to a Kankakee cop yesterday at work and it turns out that there is no residency requirement at all, you can live anywhere in the state. It was recently changed. My bad on that one.

Comment

Thanks for the refresher!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14409 users online. 469 members and 13940 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X