Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this..

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70077

WTF? That ****ed me off. That is so wrong.

Is there not anything we can do to help? Next they will jail you for shooting some guy that pulled a gun on you...

Comment

wow... remind me to stay the hell out of iowa...
      In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

Lemme tell you all something.
        I've known Mike since high school and I know he's a hell of a guy. He's also a hell of a copper. We're sickened at how the entire case went down. My pals and I are all pulling for him and are certain justice will prevail.

Comment

Where are we going in this country? PO's get blasted in the media for justified shootings of armed criminals, jail time for defending yourself on your own property. What about criminal trespass and the fact that this jack*** commited assault and battery first? I think money definately did some talking in this case. Let's hope that justice is served in the appeal.

Comment

BTW, anyone who feels like voicing there opinion on this...

http://www.cityofdubuque.org/index.cfm?pageid=32

http://www.grandlodgefop.org/

http://www.governor.iowa.gov/administration/contact/

Comment

Those officers, the state's attorney, and that judge outta be completely and totally ashamed of themselves. How dare they do that to a police officer. I've been battered many times on this job, and most of the time the judge gives out probation. PROBATION !!!! For battering a police officer- PROBATION.

Yet, this poor guy is gonna get 5 years in prison for merely defending himself against some bratty drunken college kid ????? I guess we're not allowed to defend ourselves anymore. I guess were just suppose to let offenders beat on us. Maybe next time I get into it with someone on the street I'll just hand him my gun, too.

Comment

Originally posted by cpd007 View Post
                Maybe next time I get into it with someone on the street I'll just hand him my gun, too.
                I agree, but hand it too him 1 round at a time. We don't mind coming out..

Comment

There was an article by John Kass in the Tribune today about it. Seems the guys father is some big businessman in Iowa. A little political influence?

Kass also stated the guy was out and about golfing not long afterwards.

Comment

Thanks ChiTownDet. Be safe out there, brother.

cpd007

Comment

That's absolutely ridiculous. I would fight that every step of the way. I’m sure an appellate court will see how stupid this is and over turn it. If it becomes a case of political influence I would ask for a change of venue.

It’s a sad day when a Police officer has this happen when they are acting in a completely legal way.

I would also sue the HELL out of the city, the department and then press charges on that **** head little kid. I'd also fight for my job back with chicago.

Comment

In case anyone feels like helping this copper out. He's going to rip through a pile of money for the appeals process..

Michael Mette Defense Fund
                        C/O Northwest Community Credit Union
                        7400 N. Waukegan Road Niles Illinois 60714.
                        Checks payable to:Michael Mette Defense Fund

Comment

This is a blatant injustice. 5 years for 1 punch...in self-defense...on one's own property!!!??? 5 years...!!!!??

"The court has no discretion in that matter. It's mandatory incarceration" ...apparently the court also lacks, conscience, common sense, integrity, rational thought............

Not sure if it will help but, I forwarded this link to my father. He is the Sheriff of Grant County, a neighboring county, across the river though...in Wisconsin It might be Wisconsin but it's literally a couple minutes away and he knows a lot of people that would be outraged by this as well.
                          SUA SPONTE

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                            In case anyone feels like helping this copper out. He's going to rip through a pile of money for the appeals process..

Michael Mette Defense Fund
                            C/O Northwest Community Credit Union
                            7400 N. Waukegan Road Niles Illinois 60714.
                            Checks payable to:Michael Mette Defense Fund
                            Heard at work that Mike is 40K in the hole for legal fees so far....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12246 users online. 547 members and 11699 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X