300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got call from cook county for formal interview

wats up board? after almost waiting a year i finally got a call today(fri) from a women telling me to come down to the daily center on mon for an informal interview and to fill out paperwork. she told me to bring a pen and to wear a suit(which i will) my question to you is what exactly will i be doin down there? and do they usually offer u the jobor is this just another step in the process?? thanx a million

Congrats for getting to this step...

Definitely wear a proper suit and arrive early, not just on time. Be ready to sit for a little bit and also be ready to sweat during the interview process. Be positive and remember that they are trying to weed out those that should not be with this department.

Comment

thanks rolt... i almost crashed the car when she called me. to be honest i actually thought it was someone playing games with me, so i called the number back. it was the cook county 6th dist courts number recording. when do they offer you employment

Comment

enjoy the weekend guys

Comment

Originally posted by hfbjr View Post
          thanks rolt... i almost crashed the car when she called me. to be honest i actually thought it was someone playing games with me, so i called the number back. it was the cook county 6th dist courts number recording. when do they offer you employment
          I can't quite remember too clearly if after this process is when the BI stuff starts. Have you already completed the background items?

If so, then after this interview you still are in limbo for some weeks.. all depends on how fast they are moving for the next class. I am hoping others that have gone through the process can chime in here and give more information.

Comment

[QUOTE=hfbjr;916958]wats up board? after almost waiting a year i finally got a call today(fri) from a women telling me to come down to the daily center on mon for an informal interview and to fill out paperwork. she told me to bring a pen and to wear a suit(which i will) my question to you is what exactly will i be doin down there? and do they usually offer u the jobor is this just another step in the process?? thanx a million[/QUOTE

glad to hear you might be getting in,im certified still waiting to get that call, when did you apply and do you know when the next academy class is?

Comment

wats up guys i already have my certification letter. johnny to answer your question i have been certified for almost a year(august)i dont no when the next classes will be starting.my friend who is at the jail told me they should offer me the position once im interviewed as long as i dont blow the interview. he said it was a very easy friendly interview.

Comment

wats up guys i already have my certification letter. johnny to answer your question i have been certified for almost a year(august)i dont no when the next classes will be starting.my friend who is at the jail told me they should offer me the position once im interviewed as long as i dont blow the interview. he said it was a very easy friendly interview.
                They didn't offer me or anyone from that period of time the job after that interview. After that interview I waited for some five to seven weeks for the letter in the mail stating when I was to go to the orientation. That is when I then received the academy letter with its start date. Then I knew I had the job.

But then again... you still have to make it through the academy. And then make it past your first probationary year.

And it definitely was not a friendly interview, the lady was a bulldog. I guess it all depends on who you get.

Comment

We just finished the academy this week, and we were told that our coordinators had about a week or two and the next class was supposed to be starting. The interview is pretty straightforward and professional, but be prepared to fill out another application, including employment info and history and some reference information.
                  Once you finish the interview, they might give you a call in a couple of days to come to the orientation (if you are offered the job).
                  Like I said, this is all dependant on when the next class is starting and if you are offered a spot. I interviewed with some people that didn't start with my class but are in the class at the academy right now.
                  Be flexible, and if you get offered the position, remember how fortunate you are. Good luck!

Comment

formal interview??? I had mine last year in AUg of 2006 and I have not been called since then. Sometimes I wonder If Im ever going to be called or receive a letter to report for orientation. How can one find out????

On average, does anyone know how long it takes for them to tell you to report for orientation after your formal interview?? It would really be dissapointed if I wait all this time and I dont get employed.

PS: How can someone blow an interview??? I did not wear a suit since I couldnt get my dressing shoes on. I severely sprained my ankle the day I received the call to report for my formal interview. I wore a polo and some jeans.
                    Last edited by sept1983; 07-08-2007, 01:11 AM. Reason: forgot to add some comments

Comment

Originally posted by jeisenberg25
                      "PS: How can someone blow an interview??? I did not wear a suit since I couldnt get my dressing shoes on. I severely sprained my ankle the day I received the call to report for my formal interview. I wore a polo and some jeans."

all sarcasm aside... maybe thats why you havent got a call back?

So you're saying I wont get called or what???

Comment

Originally posted by sept1983 View Post
                        formal interview??? I had mine last year in AUg of 2006 and I have not been called since then. Sometimes I wonder If Im ever going to be called or receive a letter to report for orientation. How can one find out????

On average, does anyone know how long it takes for them to tell you to report for orientation after your formal interview?? It would really be dissapointed if I wait all this time and I dont get employed.

PS: How can someone blow an interview??? I did not wear a suit since I couldnt get my dressing shoes on. I severely sprained my ankle the day I received the call to report for my formal interview. I wore a polo and some jeans.

I was told I was hired pretty quickly. In fact, I was told I start the academy on a Monday whilst being interviewed on a Thursday.

There are a lot of ways to blow an interview. Do you think you just show up and get the job?

Maybe the interviewer did not like the way you dressed, maybe they did not care for a perceived attitude, who knows?

Your chance of getting hired gets less and less the more time that goes by from that formal interview.

The interview I am speaking of is the interview is post Merit Board certification and is usually the final hiring decision.

Comment

Originally posted by sept1983 View Post
                          I wore a polo and some jeans.
                          That could have easily done it. Presentation is key.. and if you went in looking like a gangbanger.. it could hurt your chance.

Comment

i wonder if they ever tell you right there that your hired? does anyone know the current starting salary for the jail??? i've heard 42,000 and 44,000

Comment

i wonder if they ever tell you right there that your hired? does anyone know the current starting salary for the jail??? i've heard 42,000 and 44,000
                              I don't think anyone is ever told they are hired in that formal interview. Not unless they are that juiced up that they know they are getting in even before the written exam.

As for the current salaries... our last contracts pay increases have just started to kick in and I hope others chime in that have better info than I do:

Starting is: $39,480 with a 5% pay increase every year (on your anniversary date) for your first five years.. and with the last contract we received back pay and have several percentage increases over the next three years or so.

You can't beat our health insurance, not in the private sector.. not anywhere I know of. It is unreal.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5159 users online. 269 members and 4890 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X