300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New State Police?

Has anyone seen these new crown vics on the highway that have big block letters in black on the side that say "POLICE" and in smaller black letters below that "Illinois State Police"? I thoiught this could be a new design for the squads, but the license plates begin with the letter "U" instead of the traditional "C" that traditional state cars have. Anyone know wnything about this?
    WIISAD
    While invisible, I see and destroy.

Where were you when you saw it. The "U" can also stand for University. Could it have been an Illinois State (as in school) Police car? If not, the "U" Plates are also used by D.O.C. Wonder if it might have been an IDOC car or something like that. I have never seen one so I'm just guessing. My guess is Illinois State UNIVERSITY Police.
    Last edited by dogcop; 07-02-2007, 02:13 PM.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

Those are detatched services officers, or at least thats what i think they are called, if you go downtown to the tompson center you can see them standing around, they wear a dark grey uniform... there was a big fiasco down in spring field when they merged the two departments, the troopers had a fit cause those detatched services guys go through a different academy, and as such they did not feel they earned the right to wear the trooper uniform... the brass ended up agreeing and thus the differance in appearence

in short both are state police just a different division
      In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

Originally posted by PROBY View Post
        Those are detatched services officers, or at least thats what i think they are called, if you go downtown to the tompson center you can see them standing around, they wear a dark grey uniform... there was a big fiasco down in spring field when they merged the two departments, the troopers had a fit cause those detatched services guys go through a different academy, and as such they did not feel they earned the right to wear the trooper uniform... the brass ended up agreeing and thus the differance in appearence

in short both are state police just a different division
        Don't you mean CMS Central Management Services Police?

Comment

What Proby is talking about are the CMS Police who were absorbed into the ISP a couple of years ago. He described their primary duties, ie, security at the Thompson Center (State of IL Building) in Chicago. Chicago is about the only place you'll see them and there aren't that many. Not all of them who were CMS Police were taken into the ISP. They are NOT Troopers. They don't go thru the same Academy, they do not get the same training, they don't do the same job, and they are not allowed to laterally transfer over to the ISP Trooper position. They are a separate unit under the control of the ISP. They are called the "Protective Services Unit" which is completely different unit than the ISP "Executive Protection Unit". EPU are sworn Troops who are detailed to EPU and provide protection for the governor and other constitutional officers on request.
          183 FBINA

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I had no idea there was such a difference. The reason I asked was brcause one of these guys pulled me over on 290 and I had no clue who he was. He gave me a brief lecture and walked away.
            WIISAD
            While invisible, I see and destroy.

Comment

http://www.state.il.us/cms/download/...pecs/32983.pdf

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
              Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
              For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
              'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

You are correct... CMS it is
                In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9913 users online. 500 members and 9413 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X