300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richton Park PD / Chief Klaman

Im with the Department of Public Safety at the Canaveral Port Authority here in Florida. We just received a new Director named J.R. Klaman who was a former Chief of Richton Park. However, he dosent seem to show much law enforcement experience in some of the polices he's initiated. Anyone know about his experience or credentials. Thanks

Well, I CAN'T tell you anything about him, I can tell you that Richton Park is a crappy small little Ghetto town that is a far south suburb of Chicago. They are not known as being a real desirable Department to go to.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
      Well, I CAN'T tell you anything about him, I can tell you that Richton Park is a crappy small little Ghetto town that is a far south suburb of Chicago. They are not known as being a real desirable Department to go to.
      I wouldn't call it a ghetto town, it's definitely taken a turn for the worse these past few years, especially with the residential and commercial expansion of neighboring Matteson; I think that's made Richton Park and Park Forest quite forgotten. There are worse places to live in the south suburbs but RP wouldn't be my first choice.

bhyman,

Did you guys fully check into it to make sure that his story jives with the facts? There are a lot of people out there, I work for a lot of them, who claim a lot of things but time always tells that they're not what they want us to think they are.

Comment

I'll second the ghetto town comment. It is what it is..

Comment

Considering that the Department of Public Safety at the Canaveral Port Authority are not cops, why would you need LE policies?
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

He wasn't the Chief in RP in the last 5 years. The Chief that was just retired.

Comment

Uh oh.....

Comment

Klaman

In the early 90's Richton Park had a Chief named Klaman.

Richton Park is like any other burb that has fallen on hard times, especially with the influx of people from the city with CHA demolition and so forth.

The notion that it is a "crappy little ghetto town" is just a little well unnecessary....this is not markham, ford heights, dixmoor, harvey or robbins. The best cops I ever worked with were the ones who had to work the "crappy" ghetto parts of town. They learned about people and their jobs real quick. Back in Chicago the best cops I knew came from the hardest crappiest districts 002,003,007,005,015,011 and 025. THe best detectives in the world work in AREA 1, 2 and 4 and their beat is the "crappy ghetto part of town.
                You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Originally posted by cityblusuit View Post
                  In the early 90's Richton Park had a Chief named Klaman.

Richton Park is like any other burb that has fallen on hard times, especially with the influx of people from the city with CHA demolition and so forth.

The notion that it is a "crappy little ghetto town" is just a little well unnecessary....this is not markham, ford heights, dixmoor, harvey or robbins. The best cops I ever worked with were the ones who had to work the "crappy" ghetto parts of town. They learned about people and their jobs real quick. Back in Chicago the best cops I knew came from the hardest crappiest districts 002,003,007,005,015,011 and 025. THe best detectives in the world work in AREA 1, 2 and 4 and their beat is the "crappy ghetto part of town.
                  No one was talking about/criticizing officers that work(ed) in crappy ghetto areas. What was being described was the town and that is an opinion people are entitled to.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
                    No one was talking about/criticizing officers that work(ed) in crappy ghetto areas. What was being described was the town and that is an opinion people are entitled to.
                    UH.....yeah, right

Comment

Thanks Rolt Yup, in no way was I commenting on the Officers. Really don't know much about them (the Officers). But I stand by what I said about the town. For something to be "ghetto" doesn't mean there has to be a homicide every 28 minutes. It is a small town that is on hard times...all I meant.
                      www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by cityblusuit View Post
                        UH.....yeah, right
                        Seriously. Why would fellow LEO's talk ill about other officers that work in dangerous/poverty stricken areas? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

What was given was an opinion on the demographics of that town. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Rolt, I agree with you. There are those posters that you kind of "unite" with on opinions. I have seen that usually me, you, Severe, ChiTownDet and Citybluesuit are on the "same page" with opinions and attitudes. Citybluesuit, not sure why you think I am trying to throw some sly comment in. If I were to describe MY town, it would be a large, economicaly strong but demographically mixed with an increasingly ghetto centered population. Meaning, I work for a large town that has very strong retail and industrial tax bases, but people formerly of the Chicago projects are buying up houses, both large and small. Where I work, we LITERALLY have apartments that are rented with Crack up to 1.5 MILLION dollar homes. I have been to more than a few calls at $500,000+ homes with 4 families living in it that used to live in the Robert Taylor Projects and it's being paid for because there are 4 foster kids in the house and the State funds are being used to pay the house note. That, to me, is "Ghetto". I work in a town with alot of Ghetto. Does that mean I am now calling myself or my co-workers bad Officers???
                          www.saveavet.org

Comment

Richton Park is pretty much middle-class Black burb. Lot of State/County/Fed. employees living there. Definitely not on the same level as Harvey, Ford Hts. (East Chi. Hts. ..Remember that?), Robbins. Houses look to be kept up pretty well there. There is some of the higher level dope guys (that operate on the So. Side) that have their families squirrelled away out there..We also get bad guys that like to "hide out" at relative's houses out there..The Chief that just retired was a pretty good guy,worked his whole career there, knew him from years ago.

Comment

Ghetto

I'd encourage you to re-read my post, I didnt slam anyone!!! I merely said that the most experienced, seasoned, streetsmart cops typically made thier bones working the crappy "ghetto" parts of town. RIchton, while it has its problems does not fit the bill, nor does Park Forest, University Park, or Matteson. NO sly comment, you said it is a "crappy little ghetto" town. I beg to differ and the cite the quality of officers who work the "crappy ghetto" parts of town all over the place.

I NEVER spoke ill of where officers work....show me where I did!!!

I'd also encourage you to look up the word ghetto in the dictionary.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9707 users online. 483 members and 9224 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X