Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Chicago PD testing dates...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next Chicago PD testing dates...

    From what I hear it will be in 2008. Has this been confirmed? I just wanted to have a thread where we could post the dates after they have been released and confirmed.

  • #2
    When I called back in April when I failed my psych, I asked the recruiting center when the next possible exam would be. He said they are trying to get it rolling by the summer and this fall (2007).

    Just telling you what I heard.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the information. I have been checking the Chicago PD's website but there is nothing listed. I am gonna start hitting the gym a little harder if I can test later this year.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tecumseh View Post
        Thanks for the information. I have been checking the Chicago PD's website but there is nothing listed. I am gonna start hitting the gym a little harder if I can test later this year.
        Well always stay in shape, but you havent even taken the written yet, I can safely say you wont have worry about any POWER tests for at least 2 years (from now) ....people who took the written in June 2006 haven't even taken their first POWER test yet.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well I have been getting in shape but I think I would like to do it sooner than later.

          Comment


          • #6
            I was under the impression you take the POWER test before you take the written test.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tecumseh View Post
              I was under the impression you take the POWER test before you take the written test.
              No...for CPD you take the written, then the POWER....I took the written in Feb 06 and the Power 9 months later in Nov 06...you got time

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
                No...for CPD you take the written, then the POWER....I took the written in Feb 06 and the Power 9 months later in Nov 06...you got time
                Thanks for the information.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Heard any rumors about the next test? I tried to call the recruitment number on the website but got only a voicemail.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tecumseh View Post
                    Heard any rumors about the next test? I tried to call the recruitment number on the website but got only a voicemail.

                    http://www.chicagopolice.org/recruit...cruitment.html



                    The last exam held was November 5, 2006. Currently, a date has not been scheduled for the next exam so at this time applications are not being accepted.


                    I guess you have to wait? I also assume this is due to them being backed up. Feb 06 testers are still in final stages, June testers only received pass/fail status.

                    Sit tight, I would think next exam might be end of year or in 08. Either way keep training to stay in shape .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just want to start the process sooner than later. I guess I will have to continue hitting the gym.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tecumseh View Post
                        I just want to start the process sooner than later. I guess I will have to continue hitting the gym.
                        I am surprised you would want to work for a city that has such restrictive firearms laws like Chicago.

                        You might be asked to arrest someone for failure to register their firearm and it would go against your moral and ethical principles.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What can I say, it;s home?

                          Perhaps the best thing to do is change it from within.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tecumseh View Post
                            What can I say, it;s home?

                            Perhaps the best thing to do is change it from within.
                            Not with liberals like Stroger, Daley, Blago...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Any rumors or updates?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4392 users online. 182 members and 4210 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X