Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP312
    replied
    Anybody on here make the hiring list? If so, what's the next step?

Leave a comment:

• CountyBlues
    replied
    Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
    I thought the late Richard J. Daley gave that parcel of land 2 Stephens...
    Rosemont sold a small strip of land so that it would connect with Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• Randy_Floyd
    replied
    u guys are all funny as hell...Rosemonts a small town of less then 5000...Good people, decent money...close knit group...you dont NEED to know a Stephens to get a job, could it help? Of course. A vast majority of RPD are East Leyden grads...Not a lot of action on the neighborhood...but like I said, its a town of 5000 who reside, but its a town of about 50000 during the work day...and most of the moms are hot...if you can stand living in Rosemont...more power to you...

Leave a comment:

• ccsd0601
    replied
    Originally posted by CountyBlues View Post
    Back in the late 50’s Rosemont was formed b/c no surrounding town wanted to annex it. So the late Donald Stephens became the first mayor when the town was formed.

His son Bradley A. Stephens is now the second Mayor.

Donald E. Stephens II, Superintendent, Department of Public Safety

Donald E. Stephens III, Chief of Police

Christopher Stephens is the GM at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center

There a lot of other ins and outs.

I thought the late Richard J. Daley gave that parcel of land 2 Stephens...

Leave a comment:

• CountyBlues
    replied
    Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
    who exactly are the "stephens" you people keep refering to
    Back in the late 50’s Rosemont was formed b/c no surrounding town wanted to annex it. So the late Donald Stephens became the first mayor when the town was formed.

His son Bradley A. Stephens is now the second Mayor.

Donald E. Stephens II, Superintendent, Department of Public Safety

Donald E. Stephens III, Chief of Police

Christopher Stephens is the GM at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center

There a lot of other ins and outs.

Leave a comment:

• Edge06128
    replied
    who exactly are the "stephens" you people keep refering to

Leave a comment:

• Jail Guard7160
    replied
    Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
    Public Safety Officer= Police Officer, Fireman, Paramedic. It doesn't hurt to be an auxilary but it doesn't exactly make you a shoe-in either.

Not to hurt any potential candidates feelings. It does not mean dic if you were an aux officer. Unless you know the Stephens you will not become a full time Public Safety Officer in Rose(mob)mont.

Anyone working full time in Rosemont that says otherwise should be a lawyer also because they are a great liar.

Leave a comment:

• cubsfan07
    replied
    Originally posted by ende333 View Post
    so by public safety do they mean police or the auxiliary police -fire thing. Also does being an auxiliary police help you when applying to another dept?

Public Safety Officer= Police Officer, Fireman, Paramedic. It doesn't hurt to be an auxilary but it doesn't exactly make you a shoe-in either.

Leave a comment:

• CountyBlues
    replied
    Anyone of you that took the written and physical have an interview on Thurs/ this week ?

Leave a comment:

• BP312
    replied
    Anybody taking the agility Sunday?

Leave a comment:

• ende333
    replied
    what you think

so by public safety do they mean police or the auxiliary police -fire thing. Also does being an auxiliary police help you when applying to another dept?

Leave a comment:

• Jail Guard7160
    replied
    Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
    I asked him about the political connections and he said he had 0 when he got hired maybe that changed?

Its called LYING your A5S off

Leave a comment:

• ofc8269
    replied
    I would have to say that Rosemont would be exceptionally hard to get on by your own; not saying that it cant be done. They have hundreds if not probably like a thousand auxiliary ofcs already who I’m sure would love to get on there. With any job, it helps if you know someone but there is always people who get hired on there own. So, if you have nothing else to do on Feb22 at night, go ahead and try, at least you can chalk it up as experience then.

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    Well, I had first hand involvement with them yesterday when I went to the Metallica show at the All State. I never had to deal with them passed just having them direct me in traffic. As I entered I could see it was Police as security at the entrance doing pretty decent patdowns, not just the usual security guards. I was carrying and I was waved over in line for my "pat down". I told the Cop I was also a Cop as he started the patdown, and I got out "and I'm....(didn't get to finish the carrying part). He asks "what's this?" and I tell him my gun. I get sent over to a Sgt. who was the nicest guy I could have met. He asked to see my creds, we BS'ed a bit, they just had to fill out a bit of paperwork, and I was off on my way to rocking So big thumbs up from me on the professionalism of Rosemont and how they treated a fellow cop. And yes...Metallica still has it, was one of the best shows I've ever been too!

Leave a comment:

• Edge06128
    replied
    When i did my ride along with gurnee the copper i rode with had a buddy who worked for them and said he loved it. I asked him about the political connections and he said he had 0 when he got hired maybe that changed?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4488 users online. 263 members and 4225 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X