300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosemont Public Safety

Anyone here testing for Rosemont this month?

Me and fire dont mix so well. Give me the scum of the earth ... im fine.. things that are hot.. no thankyou.
    Who you calling twig pigs? we prefer tree police thank you!

Comment

Reviving this thread

So I went to pick up an application today for the position of "Public Safety Officer", not really knowing what it was. I thought maybe it was something like a community service officer. I found out you get to be a firefighter and police (and paramedic too?) all in one. The woman who gave me the application told me you go to both academies, and you work a 24-hour shift: 9 hours as the police, 9 hours as fire, 6 hours of sleep in the firehouse. This is very intriguing.

I searched Rosemont here on the forum, didn't find much, and their website isn't very informative. Can anyone tell me anything about Rosemont? Or about the idea of a Public Safety Combo?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCity View Post
        Can anyone tell me anything about Rosemont?
        Unless you know the Stephens goodluck getting hired. You have a better chance of winning the mega millions and getting struck by lighting in the same day.

Other then that it is a great Department. The gated community is very nice.

Comment

The gated community is the ONLY place to live in Rosemont. And you MUST live there if work in Rosemont. Oh, and if you have no juice, you are not getting hired. When I was originally testing for departments, I consistently placed in the top 5 of all lists. When I took Rosemont's test, I was ranked #32 of 32 candidates. Something was wrong with that, and it wasn't me.

Comment

If you are interested: http://www.rosemontpublicsafety.com/

Comment

Originally posted by blueline1032 View Post
              Anyone here testing for Rosemont this month?
              Only if you want to direct traffic 24/7

Comment

Yeah they're cross-trained police-fire and some paramedic.

Comment

When i did my ride along with gurnee the copper i rode with had a buddy who worked for them and said he loved it. I asked him about the political connections and he said he had 0 when he got hired maybe that changed?
                  Please let me know, Thank you.
                  US Army 13M

Comment

Well, I had first hand involvement with them yesterday when I went to the Metallica show at the All State. I never had to deal with them passed just having them direct me in traffic. As I entered I could see it was Police as security at the entrance doing pretty decent patdowns, not just the usual security guards. I was carrying and I was waved over in line for my "pat down". I told the Cop I was also a Cop as he started the patdown, and I got out "and I'm....(didn't get to finish the carrying part). He asks "what's this?" and I tell him my gun. I get sent over to a Sgt. who was the nicest guy I could have met. He asked to see my creds, we BS'ed a bit, they just had to fill out a bit of paperwork, and I was off on my way to rocking So big thumbs up from me on the professionalism of Rosemont and how they treated a fellow cop. And yes...Metallica still has it, was one of the best shows I've ever been too!
                    www.saveavet.org

Comment

I would have to say that Rosemont would be exceptionally hard to get on by your own; not saying that it cant be done. They have hundreds if not probably like a thousand auxiliary ofcs already who I’m sure would love to get on there. With any job, it helps if you know someone but there is always people who get hired on there own. So, if you have nothing else to do on Feb22 at night, go ahead and try, at least you can chalk it up as experience then.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
                        I asked him about the political connections and he said he had 0 when he got hired maybe that changed?

Its called LYING your A5S off

Comment

what you think

so by public safety do they mean police or the auxiliary police -fire thing. Also does being an auxiliary police help you when applying to another dept?

Comment

Anybody taking the agility Sunday?

Comment

Anyone of you that took the written and physical have an interview on Thurs/ this week ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5748 users online. 340 members and 5408 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X