300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors I hear about the academy

Just wanted to confirm or disprove some rumors I've heard about the academy lately. First off, I hear they aren't doing the intro to Verbal Judo anymore because a female recruit filed a complaint against the instructors for verbal abuse. Secondly, I heard that the instructors are no longer able to conduct any phyiscal activities outside of the set PT hours such as running, push-ups, and the all time favorite front leans anymore. Anybody in the academy now can shed some light on the subject? Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum!

I wouldn't be surprised. The the class that was still at PTI after I graduated got half days on Fridays and had NO PT at all! Academy is becoming more a joke all the time.

Comment

Are you kidding, no PT and half days on Friday. Man we were lucky to get out by 5pm or 6pm on Fridays. We had PT Mon-Thur. I would sure hope that a police recruit would not file a complaint for verbal abuse coming from verbal judo. I wonder if they would try to file a complaint against the sh** bag they stop on the street that tells them to f*** off pig or one the wonderful names that we are called day in and day out.

Comment

the rumor is true about the instructor. The intro to verbal judo? Do you mean getting rid of the verbal judo course? I don't think so, that is one thing the dept. stresses and focuses on.

Comment

If they are still doing the "into" to verbal judo I don't want to give anything away. But those of us who have had the class remember the first hour or so of it. A new PPO do my district told me that a recruit was offended and filed a complaint leading to the instructors dismissal from the academy. Anyone who can't take the "abuse" at the academy will not make it on the streets. They should just quit now and beg for their old jobs back!

Comment

Originally posted by ts622 View Post
            ...Anyone who can't take the "abuse" at the academy will not make it on the streets. They should just quit now and beg for their old jobs back!
            Wrong wrong wrong!!!! They will just beef their way into a spot and not have to worry about the streets. They will then beef their way into a promotion and be your boss. They will then beef their way into a spot. Finally they will be very high in the food chain and they will still beef!

LOL!

Comment

Wow, that whole situation sounds like a horror story. What happened to toughing it out? I guess even tradition must change.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertex View Post
                Wow, that whole situation sounds like a horror story. What happened to toughing it out? I guess even tradition must change.
                No, tradition (and the correct manner in which to do things) does not have to change. Sometimes part of the problem is taking that type of mindset and shrugging our shoulders.

Political correctness does not and should not take part in critical training for those that risk their lives every single day confronting the worst of our society that will not be considerate when they shoot a gun, wield a meat cleaver, or beat to death those around them.

Comment

I was in the class where the controversial 'Intro to Verbal Judo' occurred. Some things were said that were over the line apparently. No one openly said they were offended by it but things were said to the higher ups in the coming days. I agree though..... sensitivity of this caliber has no place on this job.

As far as no more 'Intro', that is untrue. The class after ours did not really have one (much to our dismay) but when the June class came in, things were back on track.

No PT on non-PT days? Psh.. not even close. Our HRI is runnin our asses ragged. We had PT 4 days in a row for the past 2 weeks. I'm lovin it.
                  Lean and Rest is still alive and kickin whenever it is needed.

Comment

good to hear. Now go beat your face. That's what my HRI use to tell us when he wanted us to do push-ups?
                    Last edited by louiet; 06-17-2007, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by styguy531 View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised. The the class that was still at PTI after I graduated got half days on Fridays and had NO PT at all! Academy is becoming more a joke all the time.
                      Half days on Fridays......not recently, and PT is alive and well. They did cut back to 3 days a week from 5, though

Comment

Slea

Has anyone attended SLEA in Dupage...i start it in 3 weeks....and i would like to get a sense of how it is?...is it with drill seargents or is it more laid back?....will we have lots of PT?.....just your overall thoughts on it would be helpfull...
                        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sk797 View Post
                          Has anyone attended SLEA in Dupage...i start it in 3 weeks....and i would like to get a sense of how it is?...is it with drill seargents or is it more laid back?....will we have lots of PT?.....just your overall thoughts on it would be helpfull...
                          thanks
                          Which department hired you? I am hoping to be there as well July 9th.

Comment

I'll PM you on that...

Comment

Originally posted by ts622 View Post
                              Just wanted to confirm or disprove some rumors I've heard about the academy lately. First off, I hear they aren't doing the intro to Verbal Judo anymore because a female recruit filed a complaint against the instructors for verbal abuse. Secondly, I heard that the instructors are no longer able to conduct any phyiscal activities outside of the set PT hours such as running, push-ups, and the all time favorite front leans anymore. Anybody in the academy now can shed some light on the subject? Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum!

Unless it changed in the last year, at the CCDOC Academy, we got yelled at from sun up to sun down like it was the military. Hell, I think the military DI's aren't even as harsh. I almost was deaf in my right ear from the crap I had to list to and that was just 3 weeks worth. As far as PT? We had to do push ups and front leans even in dress clothes if the Instructors got ****ed. Rolt is right though about the PC crap changing everything.

Though the one thing I think NEEDS to change is the different standards for physical testing between men and women. I mean seriously, how can a woman be expected to do the same job if she can't do the same physical tests as a man. Slower runs, less weight to lift, etc etc. Is a criminal just going to slow down or go easy since it's a woman who had lesser requirements? I don't think so.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4387 users online. 234 members and 4153 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X