Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be honest: Is it still worth it to pursue CPD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't exactly discourage him. It took me 3 attempts to get into shape and was able to go even further in fitness requirements. Anyhow, I ended up with Chicago PD for 3 years. I recently left in April 2021, and lateraled to another department in the suburbs.

Physical fitness is achievable by anyone with willpower and time.... even with bad genetics. The power test is easily achievable as long as you aren't injured or have pre-existing injuries. I have to work out consistently to maintain my fitness. The hardest part for me was the running, and I could easily do a 10-11 minute 1.5mile if I trained for it properly.

On the other hand, I'd suggest going into a federal government agency though. However, I would not recommend going to Chicago PD unless you want the training to go somewhere else.

Comment

Nothing is going to get better under Mayor Beetlejuice...

Comment

Look at the blue line.com and see many suburbs are hiring. If it turns out you don’t like this career or the agency, you can always leave.

I would avoid having to go through a process that takes 2 years just to be in a lottery drawing. I was In the METRO Academy a few years back with many of my classmates being in the lottery draw. All of them scored in the top 1% of their departments testing, some fluent in a second language with degrees….yet at that time, they were only at the background phase for Chicago.
        Last edited by 508NAVY; 07-22-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Cops "are disgusted with the spectrum of every profound decision made under stress being parsed and analyzed to death," a police source said. "And, yes, there is talk of standing back instead of risking their family’s future on an honest mistake of a moment."

Comment

• CPDJunior
            CPDJunior commented
            Editing a comment
            This is such a great read! It sucks that police officers don't get the support from anyone including the higher ups. I am currently just waiting for my NTR for Chicago Police and I am excited yet confused.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4070 users online. 263 members and 3807 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X