• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendall County Sheriff Department

Any information about this department?

What do you want to know?

Comment

Any information you can provide on the department as a whole?

Comment

It’s a smaller department. Work 12 hour shifts. You have a lot of diversity in calls since it covers everything from the city to the middle of no where ( cows in the road calls lol). Lots of specialty units to get into. Newer equipment and squads. Admin is very supportive and like people being proactive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rnrbldrlvr24 View Post
          It’s a smaller department. Work 12 hour shifts. You have a lot of diversity in calls since it covers everything from the city to the middle of no where ( cows in the road calls lol). Lots of specialty units to get into. Newer equipment and squads. Admin is very supportive and like people being proactive.
          Kendall County is nowhere near the city so maybe you’re thinking of somewhere else. Also not many specialties to get into since it’s a smaller Sheriffs Office, less than 55 total sworn (not including corrections).

Comment

• 508NAVY
            508NAVY commented
            Editing a comment
            Or maybe he’s referring to the city of Yorkville, or Oswego or both, considering they’re BOTH in Kendall County.

It would be no different if this was about Grundy county and he said “the city” which could refer to coal city or Morris.

For specialty spots, they have an ILEAS Mobile Field Force spot. One for sure, since I was on the same team (3 central out of Plainfield). The guy that’s Kendal county has been on for awhile.

SIDE NOTE: haven’t you been testing for a few years now? I could’ve sworn you were on the RiverDale forum from 4+ years ago. No luck getting on yet?! Hopefully that changes for you
            Last edited by 508NAVY; 06-19-2021, 05:27 PM.

Originally posted by Chiguy27 View Post

Kendall County is nowhere near the city so maybe you’re thinking of somewhere else. Also not many specialties to get into since it’s a smaller Sheriffs Office, less than 55 total sworn (not including corrections).
          Wasn’t talking about the city of Chicago. Pretty sure I said it was a smaller department, but definitely has a good amount of specialty spots.

Comment

When I see “the city”, it’s only instinct to think of Chicago. Here is a detailed organizational chart for the department. That’ll give you a better idea of the specialties they have. Best of luck.

Edit- link isn’t working. If you search Kendall County sheriff organizational chart, you’ll find it.
            Last edited by Chiguy27; 06-20-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Smaller agency that stays relatively busy for its size. Pay isn’t phenomenal compared to nearby municipal agencies but is still decent, and is one of the only sheriffs offices in the state that does not have take home cars. A few guys on the county swat team, a usms tfo spot, gang and undercover spots, handful of detectives.

Any other questions or specifics feel free to PM me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2510 users online. 132 members and 2378 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X