Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hfbjr
    replied
    thats not entirly true about the other depts not wanting you. yeas the salary is bad, but if its what you want then so be it. actually of last academys class 2 officers went to markham, 1 went to lynwood. so other depts will take you. i actually did my internship with harvey in 2003 while in college under nick graves(mayor at the time). also if you keep your nose clean you have nothin to be afraid of. i would never jeopardize myself by doing absolutly anything to get me into trouble... we can agree to disagree... thats whats beautifull about these message boards... enjoy the week end guys

Leave a comment:

• flydream777
    replied
    Originally posted by hfbjr View Post
    but i think its a very political town, with a questionable mayor. but its also a town with high poverty and probably none what so ever in tems of funding.
    .........And you ACTUALLY THINK you're gonna get a good salary, benefits, equipment, working environment???!?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Wait until you get the "Welcome Speech" from the mayor's, hospital plumber, unofficial commander, part-time P/O, brother, that actually runs the Dept. Wait until you see coppers from other Dept's in your town looking for people, but not telling you anything, so the bad guy doesn't get "wired up," and the best is being told what to do by a supervisor that was a tow truck driver last year, but appointed a Police boss without the benefit of any testing.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• Illinois Edmond
    replied
    To me, working for that department is career suicide. You'll never leave on good terms. Other departments won't hire you.

I know some guys who applied there because they're that desperate to get onto a department. I'm guessing the easier it is to get onto a department, the less desireable it would be to work for them.

Leave a comment:

• PROBY
    replied
    i hope you have a good lawyer because when the entire dept. gets indicted you're going to need it...

Leave a comment:

• hfbjr
    replied
    thanks for the advice. today(fri) i just received my letter stating i passed the written. power tets on the 14 th

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    to be honest i really dont think they have a bad dept. maybe some bad apples
    I just heard my "funny" for the day. Just be well aware, you get hired on by Harvey, the people who live there don't respect you, the powers that be don't respect you, and other OFFICER'S from other PD's won't respect you. You've been fore warned. If this is truly the path you want to take with that town, you can't say you went into it "blind" or uninformed.

Leave a comment:

• hfbjr
    replied
    there were alot of people there for the orientation about 70 people or so nice size group of women testing .

Leave a comment:

• hfbjr
    replied
    to be honest i really dont think they have a bad dept. maybe some bad apples... but i think its a very political town, with a questionable mayor. but its also a town with high poverty and probably none what so ever in tems of funding.

Leave a comment:

• hfbjr
    replied
    i was there on the 9th for orientation and for the written but still havent recieved the results yet

Leave a comment:

• grumpyirishman
    replied
    Aaahhh, Harvey! Brings back all the memories of 1970 riots while I attended TTHS.....

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    I especially loved the picture of Kellogg "Uniting" the Police Chief and Fire Chief. They must have a "Battle of the Bosses" on 154th every year..

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    Got to be able to count the bribes!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    Originally posted by dogcop View Post
    "Cut and Paste" DIRECTLY from the Harvey Police site:
    The Harvey Police Department consists of 61 officers: 40 patrol officers, nine sargeants, five detectives, five commanders, one Deputy Chief and one Chief.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    These idiots can't even spell Sergeant right!!!!
    Yeah, but their math is good.

Leave a comment:

• Scott32
    replied
    I wonder if getting hired by Harvey is as political as getting hired by markham!!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7303 users online. 346 members and 6957 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X