Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago festivals and parades

Good evening,
    So word has come down that that the Pride parade, Bud Billiken parade, and Lollapalooza are among the other big parades and festivals returning to Chicago this year. Any CPD officers ever work these? If so which ones and what was it like? Thanks.

Worked Billiken numerous times. Usually ends with shooting(s) in Washington Park by the end. Puerto Rican Fest usually involved keeping opposing gangs apart.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
      Worked Billiken numerous times. Usually ends with shooting(s) in Washington Park by the end. Puerto Rican Fest usually involved keeping opposing gangs apart.
      Have you ever worked the taste, air & water show, or Lollapaloza? Thanks

Comment

• ChiTownDet
        ChiTownDet commented
        Editing a comment
        Worked everything except Lollapaloza. PR Fest was one where you did have to keep the opposing groups apart.

• Chicago1991
        Chicago1991 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, what was it like working the Taste of Chicago and the old July 3rd fireworks?

I worked downtown (001) during those Grant Park fest and it is a different world then. Gridlocked vehicular traffic, pedestrian traffic overflows into streets, etc. When I worked 001 there were no shootings/stabbings so mainly routine calls just took a LONG time to get to them. One year a lot of foolishness started (can't remember which) then they started with the containment fences and having security and officers at the entrances. I even worked the Taste in an off duty job and it was mainly walking around with no issues but again this was awhile ago. When I started working in 001 when there were no shootings but by the time I left when they were shootings near the station itself lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5377 users online. 280 members and 5097 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X