300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Written

has anyone ever re-scheduled the written test for cook county? I recently got my letter and test date in the mail...however I am scheduled to be out of town for a wedding.

I have called the merit commision a few times...and left messages...but haven't heard anything back?

Thanks!

Originally posted by BigRuckuss View Post
    has anyone ever re-scheduled the written test for cook county? I recently got my letter and test date in the mail...however I am scheduled to be out of town for a wedding.

I have called the merit commision a few times...and left messages...but haven't heard anything back?

Thanks!
    I dont know man...they get 10,000 applications just to take the written a year....hell I still havent received mine....they can afford to pick and choose...I mean unless this is a wedding you can't miss, then you may be out of luck...just my opinion,....if this is something you really want to do, then maybe miss the wedding, if you cant miss the wedding, then you may have to reapply the next time. I hope I am wrong, best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss View Post

Thanks!
      I had a friend who in the past tried to reschedule his written test. They told him no way. Not sure if they changed things though. By the way the written is a joke. Reading comprehension, gramar, analzing stuff. Just make sure you brush up on your math. About 20 math story problems. And at the end there are 40 psych questions. A friend who I tested with failed the written because he messed up on the psych portion. When he called up to the merrit commission they told him he lied on those questions. They are really moving the process rapidly. I met with my BI this morning and my file is passed on to the merrit board to be approved for certification. Good luck. And good luck with Dupage next week. My interview for Dupage is tomorrow.

Comment

Here is an honest and blunt reply from someone in the department...

You want to be part of the department? Forget the wedding or anything else going on for that day and take the test.

With the limited number of academy classes they are and will be having this year and next.. you miss the test and your chances of getting in are slim if any for the foreseeable future.

The amount of people that want into this department is truly amazing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4506 users online. 235 members and 4271 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X