Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rgw1977
    replied
    BTW - any of you turn in an application for the Rockford Park District Police also?

Leave a comment:

• rgw1977
    replied
    In December of 2005, I went with a local Chief who has been in the business for several years and a detective to the PTI graduation to see one of my buddies graduate. They told me some interesting stories they have heard over the years about Rockford. Getting to my point, it was PTI's largest class in their history, over 90 students. Nearly half of them were from Rockford, at least 40 of them! What thoughts come into your mind when you consider that they have hired once since then and now I see them on The Blue Line again taking applications. Seems to possibly be a lot of turn over there. Any thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by rgw1977; 08-03-2007, 01:56 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• blownbyyou
    replied
    I have just been rejected. This is getting really really annoying.

Leave a comment:

• blownbyyou
    replied
    Did you contact them regarding this or did they send you an email?
    I contacted the recruiter, I wanted to see what was going on.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Did you contact them regarding this or did they send you an email?

Leave a comment:

• blownbyyou
    replied
    I just got an email from Rockford. They are NOT recycling the list, they are just setting up their next testing process, the eligibility list will be posted sometime next week or so. They are sending people to the pti academy in October.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Maybe the FPC didnt like any of us... :-P

That really doesnt make any sense though... At the interviews they said they were down 13. And they did 2 days of interviews so i cant imagine how they couldnt find that many...
    Last edited by Jgeiken; 07-18-2007, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• blownbyyou
    replied
    Does anyone know why they posted for officers again on the Blue line today?
    That is messed up, maybe they didnt get enough applicants that they liked, they told me that they would let us know either way, and I haven't heard anything yet. Another thing is i think they test every six months, that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Scott32
    replied
    Originally posted by RDM1Y View Post

That is wacked!!

Leave a comment:

• RDM1Y
    replied
    Rockford PD

Leave a comment:

• blownbyyou
    replied
    Thats is what I was told.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Dep Chief told me at my interview they are looking for 13. Results will be out in 1-2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• blownbyyou
    replied
    And you are 100% correct. but when you work one floor up you kinda get the word. that is one of the perks of working county corrections i think. you get to know people from alot of agencies and get the inside scoop because they get comfortable around you. and talk to blow off steam. anyway good luck
    Thanks for worrying, if I get hired I will atleast be certified at that point and can try another Dept.

Leave a comment:

• cagekicker17
    replied
    And you are 100% correct. but when you work one floor up you kinda get the word. that is one of the perks of working county corrections i think. you get to know people from alot of agencies and get the inside scoop because they get comfortable around you. and talk to blow off steam. anyway good luck

Leave a comment:

• blownbyyou
    replied
    Originally posted by cagekicker17 View Post
    I do not recommend working for rockford. If you can try to get with county. Rockford police chief epperson imho is a p.o.s. He doesnt care about his officers. He rather look good on t.v. and appeal to the public at a very huge expense to his officers. People are leaving left and right. He wasnt even the first choice for the position. The guy they originally picked didnt pass the background and since the department needed to save face because they got rid of the other canidates picked him instead. We had several big names jump from rockford to county. If Eppeson had his way his officers would do patrols like a British Bobbie cuz he doesnt like firearms. And lastly unless you are a white male with a 4 year degree i did not think you have an honest chance. If i am wrong please correct me. Working for the county jail i have countless stories from the city guys about that clown
    Not knocking what you say, or what you have been told. But you have to think. Opinion's are like *******s. Meaning get experience for yourself. I will try it and see if I like it. If I don't like it atleast I am certified and can try another department.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5462 users online. 362 members and 5100 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X