X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott32
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2006

Oral Interview with Rockford PD?

Has anyone who just recently tested for Rockford been interviewed? I received an e-mail with my Test score and was told that a short criminal history check/ and Liscense check would take place. This was 4 weeks ago.
  • Jgeiken

I have not heard anything back yet. How did you do on the test?

Comment

• RDM1Y
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Scott32
      Has anyone who just recently tested for Rockford been interviewed? I received an e-mail with my Test score and was told that a short criminal history check/ and Liscense check would take place. This was 4 weeks ago.
      The recruiter told me that the first set of interviews will start at the beginning of July...

Comment

• Scott32
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Jgeiken
        I have not heard anything back yet. How did you do on the test?
        I got a 90%. How about you?

Comment

• Jgeiken

I got a 97. I wish it would give you a rank. With the way that test was it wouldnt suprise me if a large majority got 90+. I talked to a det. with the recruiting office the other day and she said that they have to have all of their materials turned in to the FPC by the 16th. Then they get to choose who they want to interview. So i would expect it to be shortly after that.

Comment

• Scott32
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2006

I got a 97. I wish it would give you a rank. With the way that test was it wouldnt suprise me if a large majority got 90+. I talked to a det. with the recruiting office the other day and she said that they have to have all of their materials turned in to the FPC by the 16th. Then they get to choose who they want to interview. So i would expect it to be shortly after that.
            The thing that cracks me up is the written portion is only worth 40%, the oral interview is worth 60%. Looks like the oral interview is the real tie breaker here.

Comment

• robert2006
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2005

You both should be in a good position with Rockford. At the last PTI graduation I overheard the chief telling one of their recruits that they were short 25 officers. How many people showwed up at the exam?
              My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

• Jgeiken

If i remember right there were about 150 at the physical, it looked like there was maybe about 100 at the written. Also, the deputy chief said that they were looking for a minimum 17 new officers.

Comment

• Scott32
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2006

If i remember right there were about 150 at the physical, it looked like there was maybe about 100 at the written. Also, the deputy chief said that they were looking for a minimum 17 new officers.
                  I wonder how many names off the list they will have to go thru to hire 17 officers. If I remember correctly Joliet PD stated at the written test they had to go through 150 people to hire 23-24 people. Hope we have a shot.

Comment

• SouthSidePD
                    F.N.G.
                    • Jan 2007

just some info....there are 6 people at PTI from Rockford in the class that started in May and they are sending another 5 to the June class.

Comment

• Jgeiken

Whats PTI? I'm assuming thats the IL name for academy?

Comment

• robert2006
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2005

Police Training Institute. It is ran by the University of Illinois at Champaign Urbana. www.pti.uiuc.edu
                        My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

• Scott32
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2006

Anyone hear anything about an oral interview date as of yet?

Comment

• blownbyyou
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2006

I haven't heard anything yet, last I heard from one of the Srg's is that the applications just went to the board for review late last week. I hope they get working on this soon. It is taking a long time. By the way, I heard they have about 85 people that passed everything.
                            Rock Out with your Glock out
                            "If you can't hit em......Crown Vic em"

Comment

• Scott32
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by blownbyyou
                              I haven't heard anything yet, last I heard from one of the Srg's is that the applications just went to the board for review late last week. I hope they get working on this soon. It is taking a long time. By the way, I heard they have about 85 people that passed everything.

Its amazing only 85 passed out of 110 on the written. That stanard and associates written is probably 9-10 grade level education. I remember getting an e-mail and letter from the recruiter with my written test score stating that I should hear something 3 weeks. Looks like they aren't in a hurry to hire anyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19891 users online. 53 members and 19838 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...