Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its amazing only 85 passed out of 110 on the written. That stanard and associates written is probably 9-10 grade level education. I remember getting an e-mail and letter from the recruiter with my written test score stating that I should hear something 3 weeks. Looks like they aren't in a hurry to hire anyone.
    I know, its the easiest test to take. I am getting anxious (sp), I hope they have the interviews soon.
    Rock Out with your Glock out
    "If you can't hit em......Crown Vic em"

Comment

LOL I just received an e-mail from Rockford indicating that they do not want to interview me. What a crock. I have a clean background, associates degree in law enforcement, BA in criminal justice and I didn't make the cut for an interview. Makes me wonder if they are really hiring 15-17 people and 85 people passed everything. Have to go through alot of names to get that amount of people.

The letter also states its the police commissioners who go through the applications and decide on who they are going to interview. This sounds like political BS to me.

Comment

I got that same e-mail, I have a B.S. degree and I got a 90% on the test. Something fishy about them. When I first applied they sent me an e-mail saying I didn't meet the minimun requirments, and then the recruiter sent me another to attend the testing...

Comment

I just got an email stating that I need to schedule myself for the interview. I have 60+ credits, Auxilary exp, and a letter of recomendation. I also got a 91 on the test.

Comment

i scored a 96% two years ago, and got the same kind of response. whatever!!! I am with the CPD now, and could not be happier...

Comment

I got an interview. I have a BS in CJ and got a 97% on the written. We'll see how it goes. From what i could see they are only interviewing 30 people.

Scott, what did you get on the exam? They may be basing their interviews purely off of exam scores.
              Last edited by Jgeiken; 06-27-2007, 12:06 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

I only received a 91 on the test. I don't know how they could base it off just that.

After the interview what is next?

Comment

Originally posted by Jgeiken View Post
                  I got an interview. I have a BS in CJ and got a 97% on the written. We'll see how it goes. From what i could see they are only interviewing 30 people.

Scott, what did you get on the exam? They may be basing their interviews purely off of exam scores.
                  If you look on the rockford website the written test only accounts for 40% of the final score. I scored like a 90%-91% as far as I remember. The oral interview accounts for 60% of the final grade. So even if you score high on the written you can always bomb out on the oral interview. Thats what I don't understand. If they are hiring 17 people certainly your going to go through more than 30 people to fill in those positions. Oh well, I been certified for hire for cook county, and Dupage County is doing my Background check, and Bensenville is hiring 4 and I am 6 on the list. So I hopefully I can hook up with one of those departments.

Comment

I do not recommend working for rockford. If you can try to get with county. Rockford police chief epperson imho is a p.o.s. He doesnt care about his officers. He rather look good on t.v. and appeal to the public at a very huge expense to his officers. People are leaving left and right. He wasnt even the first choice for the position. The guy they originally picked didnt pass the background and since the department needed to save face because they got rid of the other canidates picked him instead. We had several big names jump from rockford to county. If Eppeson had his way his officers would do patrols like a British Bobbie cuz he doesnt like firearms. And lastly unless you are a white male with a 4 year degree i did not think you have an honest chance. If i am wrong please correct me. Working for the county jail i have countless stories from the city guys about that clown

Comment

Originally posted by cagekicker17 View Post
                      I do not recommend working for rockford. If you can try to get with county. Rockford police chief epperson imho is a p.o.s. He doesnt care about his officers. He rather look good on t.v. and appeal to the public at a very huge expense to his officers. People are leaving left and right. He wasnt even the first choice for the position. The guy they originally picked didnt pass the background and since the department needed to save face because they got rid of the other canidates picked him instead. We had several big names jump from rockford to county. If Eppeson had his way his officers would do patrols like a British Bobbie cuz he doesnt like firearms. And lastly unless you are a white male with a 4 year degree i did not think you have an honest chance. If i am wrong please correct me. Working for the county jail i have countless stories from the city guys about that clown
                      Not knocking what you say, or what you have been told. But you have to think. Opinion's are like *******s. Meaning get experience for yourself. I will try it and see if I like it. If I don't like it atleast I am certified and can try another department.

Comment

And you are 100% correct. but when you work one floor up you kinda get the word. that is one of the perks of working county corrections i think. you get to know people from alot of agencies and get the inside scoop because they get comfortable around you. and talk to blow off steam. anyway good luck

Comment

And you are 100% correct. but when you work one floor up you kinda get the word. that is one of the perks of working county corrections i think. you get to know people from alot of agencies and get the inside scoop because they get comfortable around you. and talk to blow off steam. anyway good luck
                          Thanks for worrying, if I get hired I will atleast be certified at that point and can try another Dept.

Comment

Dep Chief told me at my interview they are looking for 13. Results will be out in 1-2 weeks.

Comment

Thats is what I was told.

Comment

Rockford PD

Does anyone know why they posted for officers again on the Blue line today?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4535 users online. 316 members and 4219 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X