300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you buy your way into an academy?

Is there a way i can buy my way in to an academy and get hired with a certificate?

Is it really that hard to get on with an academy?

Comment

Was just curious because i heard that you can do it was wondering if it is possible!!

Comment

Why would you need to go this route?

Comment

Not everyone can get hired by a department thats why he is probally asking that questions. If he can go in and get the training and get state cert with being hired by a dept.

Comment

Originally posted by army685 View Post
            Not everyone can get hired by a department thats why he is probally asking that questions. If he can go in and get the training and get state cert with being hired by a dept.
            Not to sound cynical or mean-spirited.. by why wouldn't someone be able to be hired by one of the massive amounts of departments in our area? It seems that if you're background is good, you're in good shape, and do not come off as a psycho.. that you can find a department (doesn't mean it's a good one) but 'a' department to join their ranks.

Comment

umm dude i was just askin if you dont have a comment then don post i am just asking if illinois has some sort of intern program or not

Comment

Originally posted by Jlrustman84 View Post
                umm dude i was just askin if you dont have a comment then don post i am just asking if illinois has some sort of intern program or not
                Again, I am not trying to be mean-spirited or cynical. Please don't misunderstand the sometimes hard method of conveying tone on a message board. I just had a question of my own based on your question.

Comment

I think in Illinois you have to be sponsored by a department for acceptance into an academy. In other states you can go on your own and get your cert. Hope this helps.

Comment

This should help... (I think it's about $5000)

www.southwesternpoliceacademy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Round 2 View Post
                      This should help... (I think it's about $5000)

www.southwesternpoliceacademy.com
                      If you look at the admin requirements you must be a "full time employee of a police agency".

Comment

I know someone that went through it and was not with any agency. He went, got certified, then tested for diff. departments. You should call them and ask.

Comment

that link says you have to be a full time officer already to attend

Comment

I am pretty sure that in the past, PTI has taken people without department sponsorship, but I sure wouldn't want to be the one guy in a 70+ person class that has no PD to go back to. Just remember.....IT IS AS EXPENSIVE AS HELL, and even though a pre-certification would boost the chances of getting hired, it is in my honest opinion that you just keep testing. You will get in somewhere. Good luck!

Comment

I believe the openings for the "intern" program have been suspended. Police Academies across the state are already so full with PD's sending their own hires there is no room to "buy yourself in". Also, as was mentioned, it makes no sense in IL. to pay your way through the academy. It won't help you get on a good PD, and it might just hurt your chances of getting hired or just be a total waste of money.
                              Also Jlrustman84, I don't think any of us LEO's recognize your name as being a regular poster here. In your bio you basically state you are a 24 year old Security Guard, probably best not to act "salty" in your replies to guys that are trying to answer your question.
                              www.saveavet.org

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4067 users online. 250 members and 3817 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X