Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southpaw1
    PO
    • Oct 2013

Sounds like the academy date is set already and the ball is in your court. You guys got this!
    P.O. Andres Vasquez-Lasso
    E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• mwolf78
      mwolf78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually had a few no shows at the psych exam this morning

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      mwolf78 It happens. Maybe they got offers somewhere else or just backed out who knows.

• mwolf78
      mwolf78 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn’t be surprised either I would hate to think they got that far and overslept

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      mwolf78 I would hope not
  • southpaw1
    PO
    • Oct 2013

Hey guys so far I know of 1 person that got an NTR for the academy 28 FEB so standby this week it happens in waves. Don't worry it's still very early so back to the waiting game for you guys. I would suggest seriously looking for a place to move if you don't live here already. Things move real quick at this point. Hopefully you guys will be sharing some good news soon.
    E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• mwolf78
      mwolf78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that was quick
  • mwolf78
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2021

Anyone else receive word of NTRs or getting one themselves

Comment

• Arroyoe
      Arroyoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven’t received anything yet
  • mwolf78
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2021

Check those emails just received my ntr!!!!
    Last edited by mwolf78; 02-17-2022, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem. You're welcome!

• 508NAVY
      508NAVY commented
      Editing a comment
      Enjoy that clown show

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      508NAVY Come on maybe a congrats or something instead of that comment. Guy just said he got hired and that's the response? We still work here and regardless of what's happening outside of our control it keeps the bills paid and a roof over our heads.

• 508NAVY
      508NAVY commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasn’t bagging the kid, I was referring to the clown show known as the academy. My response was cut off for no reason. I had a smiley face followed by just bite your tongue and get through the BS and you’ll be golden.

Don’t know why it did save my reply I edited
  • Bluelife01
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

Congrats on them NTRs… next month will be 1 year that a applied .. I’ve only gotten as far as completing my background check with kentech.. my file is in cpd hr but I have never gotten a call from a cpd investigator.. every time I call HR they say that my file has been reassigned it’s gotten reassigned 3 times already.. unbelievable!!

Comment

• eric_elias2006
      eric_elias2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you haven't already, try reaching out to a recruiter. I emailed them at [email protected], and they responded back within a couple of days. They were able to get me in contact with my investigator. Now I'm just waiting for her to get to my packet. I image she's really busy with applicants.
  • Arroyoe
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2019

Hello everyone, I just received my NTR!!!

Comment

• Bluelife01
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2019

eric_elias2006 yes I did reach out to joincpd with no luck on results…

Comment

• southpaw1
        PO
        • Oct 2013

508NAVY All good. Misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Arroyoe
        Hello everyone, I just received my NTR!!!
        Congrats and welcome guys. A lot of trust and responsibility comes with this job don't take that for granted. I learn something new everyday. Look for the small victories or positive moments and try to have/keep your non-police friends outside of this job. I had (sort of still do) have this mindset that I want to be everywhere and save the world and back everyone up but sometimes you have to slow down and take care of yourself before you can help everyone else.

​​​​​​​Learn as much as you can and be ready for anything and everything. Everything is what you make it. Hurry up and hit the streets because we're going to need a lot of help out here in the Summer!
        E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• J.Cage
          P.O.
          • May 2020

Congratulations, everyone! I loved metro—made a lot of great memories. And get ready for the smoke session on the first day.

Comment

• CptGlockMango
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2022

What's up everyone this is my first post! Lol I've read so many of these I figured I'd make an account. I've been anxiously awaiting the Final PT and I finally got an invitation on 5 March. I'm just praying that psych goes smoothly and I can get into the March class. Good luck everyone!!!!
            Last edited by CptGlockMango; 02-24-2022, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• CptGlockMango
              CptGlockMango commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks!!! You too

• FDW
              FDW commented
              Editing a comment
              Greetings, may I ask the time lapse of your process? I am also waiting for mines.

• CptGlockMango
              CptGlockMango commented
              Editing a comment
              Hiring Timeline:
              Written Exam - 22OCT21'
              Pre-POWER/Initial drug Test - 20NOV21'
              Kentech Interview - 06JAN22'
              Polygraph - 19JAN22'
              Final POWER - 05MAR22'
              PSYCH I - 06MAR22'
              MED - 07MAR22'
              PSYCH II - 15MAR22'

I'll update the timeline accordingly.
              Word is that the Remaining two steps are being completed within a week of the FPT. I'm going off of my friend's timeline. She was hired in December.

***Note there was a brief delay in getting my FPT date due to not having an active FOID card. Some of the BI's are really by the book and if you don't have all the pertaining documents submitted and questionnaires filled out in a timeley manner they WILL delay your application. Unfortunately it took months to get my FOID card but so long as you stay on top of your stuff it will move fairly quick for newer applicants.
              Last edited by CptGlockMango; 03-14-2022, 11:08 PM. Reason: MED and PSYCH II Update

• FDW
              FDW commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the response, I was just trying to see if we were on the same page. So far my experience is very similar a yours, I will also have my FPT this 3/5
          • Gipson7
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2020

Congrats everyone and welcome to the department!

Comment

• frubio685
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2021

Got my home/video Interview set up with background for this Sunday! he called today and seemed like a chill guy! hopefully everything goes good!

Comment

• CptGlockMango
                CptGlockMango commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck! My BI was professional and very understanding. Make sure you dress up and clean up your space. My BI stressed the importance of looking the part prior to the interview.
            • Bluelife01
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2019

Finally got my polygraph today 730a .. one year later after I applied let’s see how this goes !

Comment

• CptGlockMango
                CptGlockMango commented
                Editing a comment
                How did it go?? My Poly experience was interesting to say the least.
            • Bluelife01
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2019

CptGlockMango .. polygraph was good I don’t have any problems with answering any of the questions asked I think it was way easier than cook county’s polygraph. I now should wait for results depending on how long it takes for me to get my results hoping I can get in soon. Based on your time line it looks like it took you 2 weeks after your polygraph to get the FTP notification.
              Last edited by Bluelife01; 03-03-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• CptGlockMango
                CptGlockMango commented
                Editing a comment
                It took me over two months but that's because I was awaiting my (long overdue) FOID card. If it wasn't an issue I would have done my FPT in FEB with the rest of the people in my batch.
            • lexiiregez
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2022

Hi Respected all,

I had my FPT today and I was able to do just 25 sit-ups. My minimum is 37. The guy holding my feet was very soft so I felt the burn since the beginning. I completed the run, lift and sit and reach perfectly. Also I’m given an opportunity for a retest next week, but I’m nervous now looking at the figures plus I’m observing lent so probably that is also draining my energy a lot. Hopefully I get it done. I don’t want rejection after reaching this far.

Comment

• 508NAVY
                508NAVY commented
                Editing a comment
                Don’t blame anyone holding your feet for doing 12
                Less than the minimum. And Chicago isn’t as bad in terms of “form” like the state police academy. Even if someone is “soft” holding your feet, you should only be a few off if you fail, not 12.

If you’re 12 sit-ups off, that means you’re only training your body to do 37,and not 40 which Should be your goal.

Do more sit-ups every day. Decline bench, crunches, cobra stretches. The only way to get better is to do more.

And I understand how you feel. I went to the state academy 5 years ago and failed by 1 both times because of “improper form” I felt rejected and ****ed off, but it motivated me. A week after that debacle I did 2 power tests at NIPSTA and JJC and passed wirh flying colors, then got another job offer within a month.

Don’t hold your head. COME OUT STRONG YOU GOT THIS!
                Last edited by 508NAVY; 03-05-2022, 12:18 PM.

• CptGlockMango
                CptGlockMango commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel you. It really sucks to have someone who can't hold you down. Been there, done that. The best solution for that is to ensure you're next in line with someone that's big enough to hold you. If the issue is with your core, when you get to the end there are ways to utilize other parts of your body to get yourself up. It's not against the rules to shimmy a little side to side so long as your fingers remain interlaced behind your head and you don't fall flat on your back and you're coming up to 90 degrees. Other things to keep in mind: make sure your butt isn't so far away from your ankles you find yourself scooting yourself up during the sit ups (requires more effort and time to get back up) and BREATHE (out as you come up every rep). I've seen people fail for these very simple reasons. If you are in decent shape, It's all in the technique. Good luck and don't give up!!!!
                Last edited by CptGlockMango; 03-16-2022, 07:21 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21237 users online. 64 members and 21173 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...