Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by j55605; 11-17-2022, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• eric_elias2006
      eric_elias2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can wear your workout clothes. If you have a Power card, bring that and all you would do is just processing.

• How is the overtime on CPD right now? Can you guys get it whenever you want or is it hard to come by?

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't work for CPD but I see the news stories about canceled days off or forced overtime shifts. Most agencies are suffering from excess overtime right now from staffing issues.

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      1987RoboCop It's here if you want it. I'm doing OT tonight lol.

• 60630Chicago
      60630Chicago commented
      Editing a comment
      Right now its essentially unlimited, in my district you can work any watch for OT.

• You all think CPD will have a lateral program next year?

Comment

• mikejones85
      mikejones85 commented
      Editing a comment
      im all for fast tracking getting guys back but they shouldnt get their seniority back.

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      Several of the big PDs in the country do something similar. Let folks leave for a bit but are able to come right almost like it was a furlough. Surprised CPD don't have it. They have enough folks who leave and come back.

• 60630Chicago
      60630Chicago commented
      Editing a comment
      Scotty, funny because CPD has a leave of absence you could previously use for this exact reason… for other employment. They are currently not approving it so it caused people to quit… if they just would of granted those, they would be saving a lot of time and money

• LeoBravo
      LeoBravo commented
      Editing a comment
      60630Chicago can you pm me ?

• Do they still do power test at homan?

Comment

• Passed my FPT on the November 5th. Still waiting on my NTR. Getting kinda nerves. The class is slated to start on the 30th. Has anybody else received anything?

Comment

• Just received my NTR. My class starts Wednesday November 30th.

Comment

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats and welcome.

• 2016sthecharm
          2016sthecharm commented
          Editing a comment
          When is orientation for you guys?

• For those coming November 30th
        I’ve got 8 weeks left here at the academy.
        If you have any questions or concerns feel free to send me a private message.

Comment

• Paperwork day was today for the class that starts on November 30th. Pretty smooth day.

Comment

• 2016sthecharm
            2016sthecharm commented
            Editing a comment
            Is it true you guys got delayed until December 2nd?

• Mrdontpanic .. congrats and welcome!! Prepare mentally wear comfortable shoes lots of smoking sessions headed y’all way as a new class.. I am down to my las 3 weeks of academy! It’s been great !!

Comment

• 2016sthecharm we did get pushed back to Friday. They said they wanted to add another more to our class. We had about 70 at my original paperwork day. They said they wanted ro get to a out 100 in the class.
            Last edited by Mrdontpanic; 11-29-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Final Power test tomorrow, worried about the run outside. Going to be super cold. Do they still make you run outside or will they make us run inside the hallways?

Comment

• Originally posted by warhead9090 View Post
                Final Power test tomorrow, worried about the run outside. Going to be super cold. Do they still make you run outside or will they make us run inside the hallways?
                Should be outside, at least it is for us who are in the academy already.

Comment

• Hello all!

My background check went directly to a Cpd investigator about a month ago, and I still haven’t heard anything. Anyone else know how long until I can expect the next step? Thanks

Comment

• Just started in this new class and we got SMOKED yesterday! Definitely prepare yourself mentally because it's alot of that. We started with 81 and ended day one with 78. Hopefully after another week or 2 we will be beyond that. It was ROUGH!! LOL!!

Comment

• southpaw1
                      southpaw1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol. Tell your classmates don't quit! Push through. It's a team effort.

• Originally posted by SsVet1987 View Post
                    Hello all!

My background check went directly to a Cpd investigator about a month ago, and I still haven’t heard anything. Anyone else know how long until I can expect the next step? Thanks
                    That's completely normal. I remember back when I was hired my investigator went on vacation/furlough after getting my file and I only heard back when he needed updated documents. The next time he called was to tell me to prepare for the final POWER test and said good luck because he was sending my file through for final approval basically. Also keep in mind the holidays, etc and mass processing of candidates.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5281 users online. 297 members and 4984 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X