Background check done in September
    Polygraph October
    Psyhological and medical in December

• mwolf78
    commented on 's reply
    What’s your timeline look if you don’t mind me asking

• MacaM
    replied
    I had my psyhological exam and medical. If everything is ok I should start the academy on December 27.
    Good luck to you guys

Leave a comment:

• southpaw1
    replied
    Whoa its after 0500 and I'm still awake! I should just go to midnights lol...Trying to find some peace and listening to my music right now because that's all I want if that's not too much to ask. Anyway yeah good luck, stay outta trouble and hurry up and get hired so we can have some time off.

Leave a comment:

• Gipson7
    replied
    And like southpaw1 said good luck everyone and hurry up and join us! We get no days off we need y’all out here with us lbvs.

Leave a comment:

• Gipson7
    replied
    Payne so far as those questions just be open and honest about everything and you will be find. Just like Southpaw1 sad don’t try and answer to what you think they are looking for because you will fail. Also when it comes to those questions about if you ever steal, drink, smoke, did any drugs in your life and if you honestly haven’t it’s okay to say no don’t lie. Trust me I’m CPD and I’ve never done the any of those things either so believe it or not it’s people in the world that literally haven’t and they won’t think you are lying. Just be honest about everything and you will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw1
    commented on 's reply
    Patience! Hang in there.

• mwolf78
    commented on 's reply
    I'm tired of being a waiter so I hope to be hired eventually!

• southpaw1
    replied
    I will say this if you go into the psych test answering the way you think they want you to answer or try to "beat" the test that's where you go wrong. Answer the questions and let the chips fall where they fall. For example let's say it says agree or disagree "I like reading books"...okay for me "agree" that was painless lol. "I like speeding".....AGREE I like speeding! Big deal I have a few really old tickets (nothing crazy tho) for it so they could call bs and verify if I said "strongly disagree".

They'll be like okay guy you're a da*n liar and if you can't be honest about a small thing like that maybe that's not a good indicator. I really don't know til this day but I believe there are fool proof things built in and it all gets weighed out and you do get a psych interview if you answer some questions and they are curious about why you answered stuff a certain way, etc. You guys better get it together and get hired already because I'm tired of working on my RDOs (regular days off)!

Leave a comment:

• Daciomagna
    commented on 's reply
    bluesent i don't agree with you there, it is not just armchair, the way you answer those questions builds a personality drawing to them, once they add together the personality images they get from the different tests that the person takes, they then ask questions about the things they find odd, constancy and inconsistency are very obvious what is not so obvious is how all of those answers show something about your traits, that is if you are not faking it, if you are then then is significant chance that you will fail, because however way you answer those questions they are supposed to show personality traits and if you are not showing yours you are showing something else that cannot go together. see i believe there is a correction curve for every person if you are rigid somewhere then you might be more flexible in some other way, and that is how they build profiles but if you are firm and strict, or liberal everywhere then you lose the correction curve.

• bluesent
    commented on 's reply
    From what my understanding they don't actually look at what you put down it is rather how inconsistent/consistent you are with your answer and how "believable" you are... It's basically armchair psychology at this point.. They have like 6 categories and one is "blatant lie" and apparently if you never steal/did drugs/drink/latetowork/etc. your blatant lie goes higher which can fail you... But the other categories like reliability/trustworthiness/etc. goes down... Which can also fail you or scoring to high in a category can fail you..

So consistency is a blatant lie...

I'm not sure if this is the same for every testing company though I read this awhile back ago...

• Payne
    replied
    I’ve come to a conclusion that the part of the exam that’s holding me up is the agree/disagree portion. I’m not sure how they are able to actually fail people based off that portion but that’s definitely what the issue is. Anyone know what they’re looking for here? I know they’re looking for consistency and people who are personable so that’s how I answered. I’m assuming they want more in the middle answers than strongly one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

• mwolf78
    replied
    Poly date scheduled they just called me 10 min ago

Leave a comment:

• southpaw1
    replied
    https://wgntv.com/news/chicagocrime/...m-family-says/

Condolences. SMDH. Be safe out here guys.

Leave a comment:

• mwolf78
    replied
    Completed my interview last week and dropped off my birth certificate and CPD PHQ to the kentech office this afternoon. I’ve also been assigned a kentech case manager let’s see how long the hurry up and wait period is for the polygraph

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3490 users online. 222 members and 3268 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X