Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just called HR I’ve been assigned a CPD investigator I left him a voicemail but the lady mentioned he won’t be in the office till tomorrow so

Comment

• my CPD BI emailed me saying he is going to review my file today and will reach out if he needs anything else from me.

Comment

• 508NAVY
        508NAVY commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m going to give you the old navy motto:

HURRY UP AND WAIT.

Relax man! You’re going to kill yourself looking for updates so quickly. Unlike us suburban folks, where the process is typically 2-6 months or a phone call then boom done everything in 2 weeks, you’ll be waiting awhile.

Let everything come when they do. Until then, I’d keeping applying and testing elsewhere, it gets your mind off of CPD completely.

• mwolf78
        mwolf78 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve currently finished up some board interviews with a few suburban departments so just kind of going with the flow. Hmm I think I’ve heard of that motto did the navy get from the army or did my sergeant lie to me and steal that motto from the navy haha

• Has anyone received the final power test invite for February?

Comment

• mwolf78
        mwolf78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do I took mine December 21st so hopefully he lets me know

• mwolf78
        mwolf78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do I took mine December 21st so hopefully he lets me know

• mwolf78
        mwolf78 commented
        Editing a comment
        He emailed me back saying he’s trying to get current employment verification from my supervisors and some updated documents so hopefully this upcoming week I’ll get another update

• Arroyoe
        Arroyoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Good news!

• CPD BI emailed me saying my file should be done for the upcoming power test he mentioned sometime during the first week of February

Comment

• Arroyoe
        Arroyoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I got an email.

• mwolf78
        mwolf78 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder if they go out in batches I did email my investigator to see if my file went through for the FPT

• Arroyoe
        Arroyoe commented
        Editing a comment
        You still got till next week if not March final power test

• mwolf78
        mwolf78 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know Chicago is known for being last minute but I secured Saturday off just in case

• That's good. You guys are making progress. I heard something similar from someone else in the process about a early February Final POWER Test too.

Comment

• CPD was my dream department as some of you here. The last time I had heard from CPD was May of 2019 after completing a polygraph (DEC 2018 application). I never heard anything back after that even after MULTIPLE attempts to get and update year after year.

I RECENTLY went on and applied to different suburbs and sure enough one of them picked me up in a heartbeat after 3-4 months of going trough their process. CPD just hit me up very recently trying to continue the process for me. I know I’m not the only one this happened too. OFCOURSE I respectfully declined CPD… it’s not fair with how they treat their candidates the way they do (Will get my called hanged up on multiple times, never a legit answer). Now they want to hit me up when they’re REALLY hurting, SMH…

Moral of the story.. don’t let CPD hold you up. Apply to different places.
        Theirs a lot of other great departments. No hard feelings for CPD. I love them. A lot of my close friends work for CPD. CPD just needs to learn to treat their officers better.. they need to value their officers, especially now more than ever and, it’s starts at the recruitment process when they are recruits.

Good luck to everyone. Hope you get the job. Apply to CPD. Apply to different departments. The day a department offers you the job it’s really a great feeling!

Comment

• 508NAVY
          508NAVY commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats and welcome to the family. I’ve been telling these kids for awhile, even if CPD is what you truly want, never put some your eggs in one basket, apply to the suburbs, you may end up enjoying it more, especially the schedules, opportunities, and other aspects.

• Fatal
          Fatal commented
          Editing a comment
          You did yourself a favor. The department is in trouble with the current politics and higher ranks being a puppet to the mayor. I recently went to the Suburbs after working for CPD for 3 years.

• ChiTownDet
          ChiTownDet commented
          Editing a comment
          If you thought you were treated bad as a candidate , see how you're treated once you got on. You have one whole city agency whose sole job is to get as many coppers fired or suspended as possible, so the "optics" look good. Even tried to have a dead Officer suspended just for showing up on a call.

• If you guys have a bachelor’s degree, apply to Elgin now, we are taking applications until mid-February. We have plenty vacancies and a much quicker hiring process than CPD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OUJE View Post
          CPD was my dream department as some of you here. The last time I had heard from CPD was May of 2019 after completing a polygraph (DEC 2018 application). I never heard anything back after that even after MULTIPLE attempts to get and update year after year.

I RECENTLY went on and applied to different suburbs and sure enough one of them picked me up in a heartbeat after 3-4 months of going trough their process. CPD just hit me up very recently trying to continue the process for me. I know I’m not the only one this happened too. OFCOURSE I respectfully declined CPD… it’s not fair with how they treat their candidates the way they do (Will get my called hanged up on multiple times, never a legit answer). Now they want to hit me up when they’re REALLY hurting, SMH…

Moral of the story.. don’t let CPD hold you up. Apply to different places.
          Theirs a lot of other great departments. No hard feelings for CPD. I love them. A lot of my close friends work for CPD. CPD just needs to learn to treat their officers better.. they need to value their officers, especially now more than ever and, it’s starts at the recruitment process when they are recruits.

Good luck to everyone. Hope you get the job. Apply to CPD. Apply to different departments. The day a department offers you the job it’s really a great feeling!
          Congrats on getting on in the suburbs! There are a lot of things that need to change but that's above my pay grade. Good for you though. Always take the first offer and don't take that for granted and test everywhere for sure guys.

Comment

• Just got my FPT email!

Comment

• Arroyoe
              Arroyoe commented
              Editing a comment
              See you next Saturday then!

• mwolf78
              mwolf78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah 6am Feb 5th

• mwolf78
              mwolf78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely see you then!

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome congrats!

• Congrats to everyone on their process! We can’t wait for you to join us out here! As always if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out, I may not reply right away because I’m working but I will email you back.

Comment

• Gipson7 beat me to it! Likewise. Been busy guys but congrats on the FPT notices and nearing the finish line. Always here if anyone needs anything.

Comment

• The FPT invite says expect to be onsite for 5 hours any idea what else it will entail?

Comment

• 508NAVY
                508NAVY commented
                Editing a comment
                I’d assume it would include a briefing, medical questionnaire/COVID risk stuff. Then the actual power test. Might be slow wirh bigger groups!?

When I was in metro years ago, we went to homan square for our power test. If you guys are doing yours there, it’s a tightly packed facility.

If you’re doing it at the academy, it’s probably in the gym

• Gipson7
                Gipson7 commented
                Editing a comment
                So if you pass the FPT then you stick around to fill out more paperwork and if I recall right I believe you schedule your written Psych exam

• My invite said the academy so hopefully the gym

Comment

• Passed my FPT this morning medical and psych have been scheduled

Comment

• Arroyoe
                  Arroyoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same! I have my psych interview and medical all in one day lol

• mwolf78
                  mwolf78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hell yeah! Mine are like 4 days apart

• Congrats everyone that passed their FPT today good luck on the rest of your process!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2956 users online. 156 members and 2800 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X