300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detective grades

I am writing a Police / Detective novel and while I thought it would be quite easy to research info on detective ranks, it is proving quite difficult. What I am trying to find out is this:

The different Detective grades?
    Time it takes to make each grade?
    Requirements to make each grade?
    Does it differ from state to state?
    If so, what is it for Illinois, more specifically Peoria? (My story takes place in Peoria)
    Any good links to this type of information?

I appreciate any help. I would like my story to be accurate in its depiction of law enforcement.

Probably best to just contact Peoria directly. The above will vary GREATLY from Dept. to Dept. There is no "standard". The questions you are asking sounds like something that would more apply to a huge Dept. like NYPD. Chances are there are no "grades", etc. in Peoria.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I guess I didnt really think about the size of the department having any bearing on it. I am waiting to do a "ride along" with one of the officers so I will have an opportunity then to ask some questions. I was told that to shadow a detective for a day is not possible, only the ride along.

Comment

I was told that to shadow a detective for a day is not possible
        Yeah, cause you would be bored out of your skull I work for a large, active dept. and even then, being a Det. can be VERY boring some days.
        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Why Peoria? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by ts622 View Post
            Why Peoria? Just curious.

I live here and for my first book I want to write about what I am very familiar with. And lets face it, when's the last time you read a detective novel about the Peoria PD?

Comment

when's the last time you read a detective novel about the Peoria PD?
              There is probably a reason for it
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                There is probably a reason for it

Well, you might know something I dont . Maybe I can publish my book and change that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5369 users online. 289 members and 5080 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X