300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Application - Polygraph Disclosure Question

If during the polygraph examination for Chicago PD an applicant disclosed that they had taken less than $100 worth of food while homeless, would this disqualify them?

Originally posted by Evolution5k View Post
    If during the polygraph examination for Chicago PD an applicant disclosed that they had taken less than $100 worth of food while homeless, would this disqualify them?
    Why would they wait until the polygraph to disclose it?

Comment

• Evolution5k
      Evolution5k commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, it just would've been the first time that anything like that had been asked. This person.. would have disclosed it not literally during the polygraph examination, but just prior to it when being questioned about past activity by the test's proctor.

Didn't "they" have to fill out a PHQ earlier in the application process? And didn't the questionnaire ask about crimes the applicant committed that went undetected? (Or something along those lines?)

Comment

• Evolution5k
      Evolution5k commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I'm sure you're absolutely correct. Though, looking over a copy of.. their.. PHQ, there was no question about undetected crimes on theirs. The PHQ was mostly normal background such as past addresses, family, roommates, jobs, driving record, drug use, etc. Besides that, the only more criminal questions were in regards to more official actions like whether or not one had been convicted of a crime, appeared in court, order of protection, etc.

Was there a section on the PHQ (usually towards the end) that gave you the opportunity to disclose anything of concern that was NOT specifically covered in the questionnaire?

I'm not familiar with CPD's hiring standards, but as a general rule, you're better off disclosing stuff in the PHQ rather than waiting for it to come up on the poly (or during pre-poly questioning). While theft (or any "crime of moral turpitude") is an issue, I don't think stealing food to feed yourself or your family would be grounds for disqualification.

Comment

• Evolution5k
      Evolution5k commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang it. Yes, you're right. It stated, "Include anything significant in your background..". That's unfortunate, a thought hadn't even crossed my mind of anything to add in that moment. Regardless, I appreciate your take on it and replies. Nothing left to do except wait and and cross my fingers it looks like.

During your explanation to the poly examiner, it better have happened during a time frame when you were unemployed, and it had better be for food staples (Bread, milk, eggs, etc) and not a 70" flatscreen, or 20 T-bones and a case of beer.

Comment

• Evolution5k
      Evolution5k commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, I was homeless and unemployed. Those perishables would've been tough to use/store, but there definitely wasn't a porterhouse mixed in there. Shoplifting aside, pre-packaged cold cuts were the way for me. Now that you mention it though, I probably could've done with a new 70". Forget the TV, I bet that would've been one nice box.

He stated it was "less than $100 worth of food while homeless".

I think it's safe to assume that his shoplifting spree didn't include a 70" flatscreen for his non-existent home.

And I'd like to know where I can get 20 T-bone steaks and a case of beer for under $100 because clearly, I'm shopping at the wrong store.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3901 users online. 274 members and 3627 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X