300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Psych

Whas is the oral psych interview for CPD like? I have a couple buddies that are normal people(or so it seems). They both failed the interview. I'm just wondering what it's like and if anyone has any tips. Thanks

Originally posted by CantWait View Post
    Whas is the oral psych interview for CPD like? I have a couple buddies that are normal people(or so it seems). They both failed the interview. I'm just wondering what it's like and if anyone has any tips. Thanks

They go over issues and clarify questions answered in the written portion.

Comment

Will the psych ever go into PAST psych exam results that you have applied for? or past notes or are they strictly reviewing current psych exam results? Also, do they go over with you any past applications that you made with CPD (but have failed)?

Comment

Past exams CAN be looked at and asked about (pass or fail). I personally know someone that works at the agency. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Round 2 View Post
          Past exams CAN be looked at and asked about (pass or fail). I personally know someone that works at the agency. Hope that helps.
          thanks ROUND 2,

question is ARE they looked at at the point of the Oral Psych or just current psych results are analyzed by Psychologist?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pwaffle View Post
            thanks ROUND 2,

question is ARE they looked at at the point of the Oral Psych or just current psych results are analyzed by Psychologist?

thanks
            IF I would have failed the CPD pysch exam, I don't know if I would take it again...I mean, realistically, if I took it once and was honest as possible, and then take it again, and lie, isn't that grounds for failure right there?.. If they have the results and they go back to them, can't they see you changed answers? For example maybe if you admited to drinking every day, then you cut it back drastically or quit entirely, maybe I can see in a scenario like that...but if you admitted getting into 5 fist fights, then you take it again and say you never got into a fist fight, if they go back to the old results, they can see you are lying...I don't know...thats why I think if you fail the test, they should say why...I have heard from people here that have failed it, that they just told them they didnt fit the profile....Like I said, if they fail you because "Your alcohol intake is too high and too much of a risk"...if I am that person, I'm stopping cold and retesting...if they fail and say "You have been into too many physical altercations and we believe you may an aggressive attitude"..well then there is nothing I can do to take that time back in my life, I better move on....I'm rambling, but does this make sense?? I know the CPD has no say in the pysch results, if those people fail you, they have to go off what they suggest.
            Last edited by 0311Grunt; 06-04-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Just a quick thought...Do you think some agencies (Not CPD) fail applicants on the psych so they can hire other people that they want on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by pwaffle View Post
                Will the psych ever go into PAST psych exam results that you have applied for? or past notes or are they strictly reviewing current psych exam results? Also, do they go over with you any past applications that you made with CPD (but have failed)?
                I was asked about prior applications to PDs during the Psych Interview. I didn't have any so I can't say where the questions would have gone but if I had, I'd fully expect to talk about each one.

Comment

Based on my knowledge...

Some people fail psych exams due to their mindset at the time of taking the exam. Many things such as being tired, being sick, not understanding questions, something happening such as a recent death in the family, and simply giving up towards the end due to being there so long. Not to say that people can't rightfully fail. As far as the retesting goes, maturation can change a person completely. Time can change people's psyche, causing both better or worse scores. I know I'm not the same person I was even three years ago. Standardized exams have been questioned for a long time. As far as the actual test...Many pre-employment psych exams are normed on mentally ill people from yeeeeears ago, making the scores somewhat invalid if taken by a person with no mental illness. Also, different departments use different psych exams (MMPI-2, STAXI, MILLAN, etc). Agencies create a blueprint of what is desired based on the past. So, it could simply be that a person doesn't fit a specific depts. profile of a suitable officer and pass with another dept. Many of these exams are also out of date, which would obviously throw the "norm" off. It's a tough thing to figure out...I don't know if there really is an objective and valid way. Just my thought on it.

As far as past tests... you signed a release form that gives agencies the right to not only withhold your results from you, but to share them with other agencies. I do however think it depends on who's looking at your file. Some may be more detailed than others.
                  Last edited by Round 2; 06-04-2007, 11:02 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2979 users online. 137 members and 2842 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X