300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD on Facial Hair

I just read a thread on a different discussion board. Just wondering, does anyone know what the policy is with facial hair in the academy, and as a P.O.? I'd have no problem shaving, but I'd look like a kid without it. As far as I know (think), a mustache is allowed but beards aren't. Is that right? Hell, this isn't important but since it's been so dead around here, thought I'd start a thread.
    sigpic

Originally posted by madduxrox View Post
    I just read a thread on a different discussion board. Just wondering, does anyone know what the policy is with facial hair in the academy, and as a P.O.? I'd have no problem shaving, but I'd look like a kid without it. As far as I know (think), a mustache is allowed but beards aren't. Is that right? Hell, this isn't important but since it's been so dead around here, thought I'd start a thread.
    Mustache trimmed at the corners of the lips. No beard without a doctors order ala Bump Card.

Comment

No facial hair whatsoever in the academy. I guess it you have a medical reason they would let it pass though.

Comment

On a semi-related note, I was wondering what the rules were on earrings. I have one in my tragus (that little part of your ear that comes out of your head, wow that sounds creepy). I've been betting that I'd have to take it out, but I was just wondering.

Comment

No earrings (men or women) while in the academy, on your time, do and pierce what you want. No moustaches while attending the academy, unless you are covering up a physical deformity.

Comment

Originally posted by ts622 View Post
            No facial hair whatsoever in the academy. I guess it you have a medical reason they would let it pass though.
            When did they change that?

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
              When did they change that?
              I don't know but when we passed our final power test we where told to show up to the academy clean shaven. A few guy showed up with either goatees or mustaches and they were in front lean for a long time for it and were told to shave that night.

Comment

Originally posted by ts622 View Post
                I don't know but when we passed our final power test we where told to show up to the academy clean shaven. A few guy showed up with either goatees or mustaches and they were in front lean for a long time for it and were told to shave that night.
                Thanks.

Comment

So do u have to shave all your facial hair off?

Comment

^^^^^ you must be a quick learner....assume everything BUT your eyebrows.

Comment

Say no more!

Comment

Originally posted by Round 2 View Post
                        ^^^^^ you must be a quick learner....assume everything BUT your eyebrows.
                        What about nose and ear hair? Do I have to cut that too?

Comment

damn, i'm screwed. i've had a mustache for as long as i can remember. i keep it short alomost to the point where it looks like a shade of it but if i pass and go into the academy (fingers crossed), i'll be the only 15 year old in there. i've shaved my beard several times but it'll be weird. i guess i should look on the bright side, they don't make us shave our heads.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good question do u have to shave your head off?

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                              What about nose and ear hair? Do I have to cut that too?
                              Um, are ears technically on your face? Hmmm, that may just be the loop hole...Yes, ear hair!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4135 users online. 204 members and 3931 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X