300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD and Atlanta PD recruitment?

Anyone going to test for Atlanta PD on June 8, 9? NYPD is suppose to make a recruitment trip to chicago but I haven't heard anything about it lately.

Scott,

Where is ATL PD doing their testing at?

Comment

[QUOTE=Illinois Edmond;886180]Scott,

Where is ATL PD doing their testing at?[/QUO

Hilton Garden Inn
      10 E. Grand Ave.
      Chicago, Illinois 60611
      June 8-9, 2007
      Details: Interviews: 8 and 9 June from 8am to 12 noon.
      Testing: 8 and 9 June starting at 1pm. (Applicants must interview before they test)

You can download the app on there website. I am going to try it. Heck not much happening out here for me yet.

Comment

NYPD is paying 25000 a year I lived in new york and I still work there for EMS and dude you cant live on that with out going on food stamps and living in a box. This is not being funny alot of there officers are on food stamps in academy. DONT DO NYPD

Comment

Okay, so it's pick either the 8th or 9th, interview and test the same day?

If so, I think I might go for ATL PD.

Comment

I'll be up there on the 9th for ATL. PD..

Comment

Kinda makes you think, how bad off must an agency be if they have to go OUT OF STATE to recruit....hmmmmm.

Oh, no wonder ATL pay is ALMOST as bad as NYPD's. This is for a LATERAL TRANSFER too. Why would you guys even WASTE your time. From the ATL website:
              Salary Information

STARTING SALARY TOP SALARY
              Police Recruit $31,412 N/A

Police Officer With
              High School Diploma or equivalent
              $35,472 $47,892
              Associates degree (or equivalent in hours)
              $36,851 $49,272
              Bachelor's degree
              $38,232 $50,651
              Last edited by dogcop; 05-29-2007, 04:51 PM.
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

Do you have to live in Atlanta?

What is the cost of living like around there?

Fortunately, I would qualify for the highest pay with my BA.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                  Do you have to live in Atlanta?

What is the cost of living like around there?

Fortunately, I would qualify for the highest pay with my BA.
                  I would qualify too with my BA. I talked to a few people from Atlanta. Its cheaper to live down south compared to living in the midwest. I haven't received any job offers around the chicagoland area yet so going to give Atlanta a shot. Too bad phoenix or Las Vegas never make any recruitment trips out here. Wouldn't mid working for either of them.

Comment

You make 38,000 something when you get out the ac. with just a Highschool Diploma. And large city's always go out of state to find people.

Comment

Food for thought, check out the GA Hometown section on this site and you will see the opinions about APD. Also, this video is rather interesting.

http://www.ibpo.org/video/Atlanta%20...0highspeed.wmv
                      www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                        Food for thought, check out the GA Hometown section on this site and you will see the opinions about APD. Also, this video is rather interesting.

http://www.ibpo.org/video/Atlanta%20...0highspeed.wmv
                        Wow.

I think it sheds a lot of light on the department.

I would definitely think twice about this agency.

The money issues and backup issues. Screw that.

No way no how!

Comment

Severe, at least we can agree, whether it is CPD or a GOOD Suburb, one of your Brothers/Sisters is calling for help, NO MATTER where he/she is or what the other coppers have going on, there WILL BE at least 2 units on scene in under 3 minutes and 10 of you on scene in under 5 mins ready to go to town! The last time I was on an "Officer needs assistance" call. I think I lost track at counting 20 squads on scene. THAT is the way it should be!

I'm just always AMAZED at how it seems like some guys spend probably more time on looking into reviewing a MOVIE they want to see than they spend on reviewing their potentional future employer. It took me all of about 5 mins to see APD does not look like a worth while place to go, and we ALL know to avoid NYPD like the plague, but hey, to each their own...
                          Last edited by dogcop; 05-30-2007, 01:54 PM.
                          www.saveavet.org

Comment

Severe, at least we can agree, whether it is CPD or a GOOD Suburb, one of your Brothers/Sisters is calling for help, NO MATTER where he/she is or what the other coppers have going on, there WILL BE at least 2 units on scene in under 3 minutes and 10 of you on scene in under 5 mins ready to go to town! The last time I was on an "Officer needs assistance" call. I think I lost track at counting 20 squads on scene. THAT is the way it should be!

I'm just always AMAZED at how it seems like some guys spend probably more time on looking into reviewing a MOVIE they want to see than they spend on reviewing their potentional future employer. It took me all of about 5 mins to see APD does not look like a worth while place to go, and we ALL know to avoid NYPD like the plague, but hey, to each their own...

So true. I think the old saying ANY law enforcement position is better than no law enforcement position is false.

I chose not to apply for some of the south suburbs. I had my reasons and I researched the departments.

I turned down Dupage County because I saw that from the time I applied to the time they offered me the position they dropped the starting salary by almost $3,000.

I brought that up during the final interview/job offer and I was told I would be able to get the number listed on the job announcement because of my training.

I spoke with some of the deputies to see what they thought when I told them I wanted to leave my current position at the time to join them.

What departments beside NYPD (LOL) and Dupage County, drop their starting salary? That and the fact that they were able to do it arbitrarilly made me say thanks but no thanks.
                            Last edited by SeVere; 05-30-2007, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I'm just always AMAZED at how it seems like some guys spend probably more time on looking into reviewing a MOVIE they want to see than they spend on reviewing their potentional future employer.
                              How true, Dogcop..I see some of the same people on here taking every test imaginable. Don't get me wrong, I understand how it is to want to get on the job, but applying for everything from Robbins to Wilmette PD., Orlank Park to Maywood. What type of a PD do you REALLY want to work for, and for what pay/benifits? Talk to guys that already work at some of these places to see what really is going on. I also understand the starting out somewhere to "get your feet wet" then going to a better Dept. But when it's all said and done, you have to be able to make a living doing this job. And as far as moving to a different part of the country to work in a shytehole for low pay and bennies, well....

As far as my Dept., we do tend to bitch and moan about a lot of things here, but we do make a decent piece of change, and when you get on that radio for an assist or a 10-1, the troops do come flying in..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3126 users online. 165 members and 2961 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X