300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD college credits and lott numbers

How soon after the written exam do you have to show proof of college credits. How soon after the Feb 2006 exam were applicants required to show college credit to qualify for the process?

I was also wondering if anyone knows how the lottery numbers are assigned? Is it by test score or is it totally random? Any info regarding these questions would be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=GROG;885988]How soon after the written exam do you have to show proof of college credits. How soon after the Feb 2006 exam were applicants required to show college credit to qualify for the process?

I was also wondering if anyone knows how the lottery numbers are assigned? Is it by test score or is it totally random? Any info regarding these questions would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE

As a Feb 06 tester, you a randomly assigned a number depending on your score on the written examination. As for the college credits you wont need them until after you take your fit test. Once you pass the fit test you be given a questionaire packet which is very long asking you about your background. You be given a date to bring the completed packet back and thats when you should have your college transcipts with you. Also, in regarding any information you might have about the process there is a lot of information in the threads covering many different topics.

Comment

While I don't have any particular insight into the matter, I kinda doubt the lotto number is based on test score. I think it might be based on last name or socsec# or similar.

Comment

I thought it was based on last name.

As a Feb 06 tester, you a randomly assigned a number depending on your score on the written examination.
        That contradicts itself right there. How could you be randomly assigned a number depending on your score?

Comment

I wanted to say that I thought that the lotto numbers could be given based on the test score like the burbs, but I could be wrong. Does any one actually know how we are randomly assigned a number?

Comment

I know for certain it is NOT your last name, my last name is a higher letter and I got a # in the middle of the 3300, so I'm certain to say that threoy is not true....I HEARD it was something off your SSN. Bascially saying, anyone with a SSN that ends in 7 (for example)get the lower number, then going 8, 9, 0, ect back thru 6.

Comment

nothing to do with last name

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
              I know for certain it is NOT your last name, my last name is a higher letter and I got a # in the middle of the 3300, so I'm certain to say that threoy is not true....I HEARD it was something off your SSN. Bascially saying, anyone with a SSN that ends in 7 (for example)get the lower number, then going 8, 9, 0, ect back thru 6.
              i can back that up. my name starts with an "A" and i'm in the mid 2000s, unless they go in an order like grunt said; start with "P" and then go on to "Q" then "R" but for sure it isn't starting with "A's". maybe it is something to do with your SSN. oh well, doesn't really matter since we already have our assigned numbers.
              sigpic

Comment

This morning I called the personnel dept. and found out the lotto numbers we all got is totally random! The company the police contracted to do our tests gave us these numbers. Basically, if you got a good number it was the luck of the draw they told me. Right now they are in the 1000s and they will get to people who are in the 3000s something toward the end of the year.

Comment

FYI, for those of you with high numbers, ie 3000+. That number includes everyone who took the test with you and failed some portion along the way. So, if they are in the 1000's at the moment you may only have 1000 in front of you and not 2000. Those that failed the physical, psyche, written, etc are still a number on the list.

Comment

From what I understood. It is based on the last digit of your social, then the firsts letter of last name.

Ex. if the number chosen is 7 and your last name starts with an "A", then you should have a lower number.

last social number is 7-last name letter is A through Z, first set of numbers assigned.
                    last social number is 8-last name letter is A through Z and so on, second set of numbers assigned.
                    I hope this makes sense.

Comment

Actually your lottery number is based on the position of the moon, the level of the tide at the time of testing, and the inverted coding of your 9th chromosome divided by Pi.

Comment

Something to do w/ the SSN. My number was 23 or 29, I don't remember. I was told that the Fire Dept uses the reciprocal...so I'd be next to last on that list had I taken it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCitySW View Post
                          Actually your lottery number is based on the position of the moon, the level of the tide at the time of testing, and the inverted coding of your 9th chromosome divided by Pi.
                          Obviously someone here knows about how things are done in Chicago. This method above is the scientific method that the company is using.

Comment

HAHAHA That's my kind of answer! HAHAHA

Comment

Thats funny, nearly fell off my chair... thanks for the chuckle
                              In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4403 users online. 254 members and 4149 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X