300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coronavirus testng

I have heard a couple departments in the state are halting testing for the forseeable future and just extending current eligibility lists that are set to expire. Does anyone know if this will become a more statewide thing?

Most of the police academies are suspended indefinitely right now. Until that changes, you will see more and more departments delaying everything, because there’s nowhere to send anyone.

Comment

I had a background interview with a local PD about a month ago and haven't heard anything back since. This was just before the seriousness of Corona was fully realized. Is it safe to say that the process is paused for now? Theblueline still has many departments taking applications

Comment

Originally posted by Jami86e View Post
        Most of the police academies are suspended indefinitely right now. Until that changes, you will see more and more departments delaying everything, because there’s nowhere to send anyone.
        My PD has 3 guys at Cook County's Academy. They had a graduation date set for April 24th. That date has now been postponed and everyone is unclear when things will resume.

These are strange times.
        Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I wonder how this is gonna play out with the lists I'm on. Weird times indeed.

Comment

Honestly. At the bottom line. This is no difference in the police hiring process of hurry up and wait and now. Yes, academies are postponed, actually start dates are postponed. Recruiting open houses and events are postponed. But what's the difference waiting 2 or 3 or 6 more months if you want this job. I'm aware of the stop in most processes. But things will be ok. Just take a deep breath. It will ok. Once this whole starts back up. It's gonna be a mad rush to reserve seats at the academies.
            The hiring process in Illinois is notoriously slow. That hasn't changed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7671 users online. 437 members and 7234 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X