300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych Legal Appeal

Are there officers who failed and hired a lawyer to fight it?
    Last edited by canidate3268; 03-06-2020, 03:10 PM.

OP,

Move on to another PD hiring process.

Comment

• ILLEO94
      ILLEO94 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a little late to the post but I have a funny story that relates to this kid's (or older gentleman/woman, who knows) mentality on CPD. I was in the CPD Metro academy and ran into a CPD recruit while microwaving my food who asked me where I was going to work. When I told him which suburb he asked me "Do you wish you could work for CPD?" I happily--yet kindly, replied "Nah man I'm good". He replied that how could I not want to work for CPD?! "It's like the most elite department in the state of Illinois!" I almost choked lol. To add, the kid didn't even know where Mount Greenwood was (I live nearby). Some of these kids have no idea what life is like outside of their city block and think CPD is the only way... Maybe this kid's issue is the same. But who knows, to each their own I guess!

None who are on the job to tell you about it....

Comment

These psych Doctors have more personal and mental problems than the candidates. Whole thing is a joke.

Comment

Good luck with that plan!

Comment

• canidate3268
          canidate3268 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not a plan, its a question.

• CCCSD
          CCCSD commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s your plan. You just want validation.

I remember a young applicant showing up for his polygraph test with his lawyer along. Examiner's report indicated "non-responsive" and "inconclusive" repeatedly. Somehow, as the hiring authority, I found other applicants to offer the position.

Go ahead and hire your lawyer, light up the lawsuit, have some fun while you teach those old farts how they should be running the hiring process in your favor. I'm sure you will feel better about yourself.

Comment

I am in a new process so no this has nothing to do with me. I am asking for someone else who was disqualified. If someone is is perfectly fine and psychologically fir, but is told it’s concerning that they smoked a lot of weed in high school, it’s not the doctor’s job to DQ them. It’s the investigator’s job. And if the investigator doesn’t care, especially now that it’s legal, then it’s Stupid that he is let go bc he Smoked weed like ten years ago. I just heard another story of a guy DQed because he played a high level of football. The doctor said it was concerning because its Such a violent sport and went on about concussions and other things. That guy now works for a different dept.

Comment

• ThinBlue404
            ThinBlue404 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where did you get your psych and/or medical degree? Or are you a longtime police administrator who knows exactly what goes into a hiring process?

Asking for a friend...

• scotty_appleton814
            scotty_appleton814 commented
            Editing a comment
            You really mean this is for yourself......

Originally posted by canidate3268 View Post
          I am in a new process so no this has nothing to do with me. I am asking for someone else who was disqualified. If someone is is perfectly fine and psychologically fir, but is told it’s concerning that they smoked a lot of weed in high school, it’s not the doctor’s job to DQ them. It’s the investigator’s job. And if the investigator doesn’t care, especially now that it’s legal, then it’s Stupid that he is let go bc he Smoked weed like ten years ago. I just heard another story of a guy DQed because he played a high level of football. The doctor said it was concerning because its Such a violent sport and went on about concussions and other things. That guy now works for a different dept.
          OK, I understand better now. Please tell "your friend" that, although several states have legalized recreational weed, there are still a lot of highly competent medical professionals who know the life-long repercussions of regular or heavy use. THC, once ingested, does not all leave the human body; a significant amount remains and the long-term effects include a reverse-tolerance effect, as well as heightened possibilities of psychotic behaviors (chronic depression, paranoia and schizophrenia included).

As for applicants with a history of participation in violent sport activities, one common concern is long-term health issues that can cause increased sick leave, workers compensation insurance claims, and other problems that can add a huge financial burden on the employer over time. Workers Comp expense, all by itself, can run up total employee compensation costs by 10% or more. Insurance companies (workers comp and general health insurance policies) frequently exercise considerable control over employment practices as a means of limiting exposure (thus keeping insurance costs lower for everyone else in the pool).

While there are stages of the selection process that are simply "pass or fail", a great deal of the process requires comparing each applicant against every other applicant in the hiring pool. One with a history of heavy MJ usage may be bypassed in favor of another equally-qualified applicant without such history. One with several years of professional football competition may be bypassed in favor of another equally-qualified applicant without such history. Each department's hiring authorities (committee, investigators, etc) will be aware of certain "red flags", as well as insurance carriers' guidelines.

Reality at work. We all need to focus on it.

Comment

“I heard”. You DO realize those are BS stories with no validity, correct?

”Im asking for a friend “ means it’s me but I’m asking such stupid things that I’m pretending it’s someone else because no one will figure me out.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again....

Imagine being DQ'd by a PD in regards to a psych exam. Months go by and you somehow win an appeal. Now imagine being involved in an on-duty fatal shooting in which it's later revealed you failed your original psych exam.

Not only would the media have a field day with this new revelation but attorneys would line-up by the thousands to represent the decease's family. Why risk inheriting that level of stress? Take the advice of the many other vets on this forum.....apply somewhere else. I'm not speaking to anyone directly, I'm speaking to all those it applies to.

On another note. Does anyone besides myself find it bizarre that there's an appeal process for a psych exam? Besides Chicago, has anyone heard of this being done on such a routine basis with another department? Not just locally, but anywhere for that matter?
              Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Marijuana is still a federal drug crime in all 50 states...

Comment

Originally posted by canidate3268 View Post
                  Are there officers who failed and hired a lawyer to fight it?
                  It has always boggled my mind that someone would want to work for an agency that doesn't want them.
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7608 users online. 412 members and 7196 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X