300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago VA Police

Anyone has experience with them? All I know is that all hires have to go through a out of state 10 week academy and pay starts in the mid 50'sK

I personally do not.. But the one time I actually ever went to the VA hospital/institute/whatever it seems pretty chill. From what I can observe they check items and ID and do some patrolling on the outside of the institute.
    Though when I left some guy who was mad at the reception desk and slammed his cane he got kicked out by the VA cop. He started yelling at the VA cop who was an absolute unit lol. Man looked like he goes to work then works out instead of sleeping then goes to work again.

From what I observe it is a fairly small place and I think they only have 3 patrol cars and I guess they use the cars for if there is something going on in their parking garage.

Comment

It's pretty much hospital security, but because it's a Fed hospital, they are Police. Don't plan on doing much police stuff there. From what I've seen, the VA usually gives preference to vets in hiring. I imagine you could get in without being a vet, but don't bank on it. The west side va is about a square block. That's what you'll patrol, the buildings in that square.

Comment

I applied on line a few months ago. Vet and over 30 years on the job. Ive heard nothing.

Comment

I worked with a guy who was a captain at that location (can not remember his name to save my life). If everyone there is as professional like him it would be a rock solid place to work.
          1*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3466 users online. 166 members and 3300 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X