300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 CPD Recruitment/Exam

Figured I would start a new thread for the new year. Word is that the next written exam process will be in April/May.

Currently a PO in IL and made it near the end of the CPD hiring process a couple years back, but I turned them down (filled out withdrawal form). Does anyone know if I reapply, will they have my file saved & hopefully accelerate the process? Or would they start fresh? Thanks for any insight.

Comment

• 60630Chicago
      60630Chicago commented
      Editing a comment
      No, you will have to redo every step of the process. I’m sure your background investigation will go quicker because you’re LEO. Although, once you withdraw an app or a year lapses it doesn’t matter.

When I was applying for cpd I took the dec test and may/June? test and had to redo everything for each process.

Originally posted by Ricobenes View Post
    Currently a PO in IL and made it near the end of the CPD hiring process a couple years back, but I turned them down (filled out withdrawal form). Does anyone know if I reapply, will they have my file saved & hopefully accelerate the process? Or would they start fresh? Thanks for any insight.
    Where do you work at now? If you don't want to share. Just send me a PM buddy.

Comment

^NO!....this one is mine scotty_appleton814 ! He (or she) wants to come to Chicago lol

Comment

• Jami86e
        Jami86e commented
        Editing a comment

• southpaw1
        southpaw1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang it I missed the comment! Jami86e

• Jami86e
        Jami86e commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know why the comment didn’t show up, but I just said, “You tell him, Southpaw!”

• southpaw1
        southpaw1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jami86e Hahaha

I second what 60630Chicago said it helps as far as background investigation goes and assuming you are a full-time LEO in the state of Illinois and get hired you won't have to take the state exam again. If you have any questions PM me.

Comment

Got it, thanks guys. Full time south suburbs, Chicago born & raised for the most part. Don’t think suburb policing is for me.

Comment

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem. Good luck to you.

• LeoBravo
          LeoBravo commented
          Editing a comment
          Curious to know, how long have you been in your suburban department? What has lead you to go to the city?

• Ricobenes
          Ricobenes commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Ricobenes; 10-09-2020, 12:47 PM.

• Saluki89
          Saluki89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bruh you need to change that name because you are making me miss home something fierce right now lol

Originally posted by Ricobenes View Post
        Got it, thanks guys. Full time south suburbs, Chicago born & raised for the most part. Don’t think suburb policing is for me.
        I work in a progressive busy suburb and I'm very well compensated for it. Not to mention we have no residency requirement and FULLY EQUIP all of our officers. So you can save yourself $5K plus just by taking a look at us. Not to mention we will be doing a ton of hiring in the next few years so that seniority will climb fast. I will tell you that suburban policing differs from suburb to suburb. But thats no different than policing in the city as every district is like it's own little city.

Comment

• OUJE
          OUJE commented
          Editing a comment
          What suburb you work at? @scotty_appleton814

anyone get their exam results for jan 9th exam? its been over a month and nothing. how longs it usually take if anyone knows?

Comment

• OUJE
          OUJE commented
          Editing a comment
          Takes about 6-8 weeks.

• bluesent
          bluesent commented
          Editing a comment
          I took mine last year and never got my results back. They sent an e-mail saying they would but never did. Instead I got a e-mail saying you passed.

so how did you know your number?
        Last edited by Ryguy3434; 02-18-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• bluesent
          bluesent commented
          Editing a comment
          They sent a lottery number via e-mail.It's a random number they pick not by your score.

This is the e-mail with info removed "Your name, along with all those who also passed the examination, has been
          placed on the eligibility list, and you will be referred to the Chicago
          Police Department in lottery order for next steps. Your randomly assigned
          lottery number for the June 2019 Police Officer ......"
          Last edited by bluesent; 02-18-2020, 04:49 PM.

You guys have it good. It used to be 3 months to hear results. Not even kidding.

Comment

worddd. thank you guys!

Comment

Seems like they aren’t hiring up until this covid stuff is fully away. So unfortunately there might not be any tests for this year.

Comment

I've seen an email floating around of June 13th as the "pre-fit" test.. req to bring mask and gloves and candidates will ONLY be doing the run and sit-ups. This probably will not count as the initial power test, so you will still have to take two more but it brings you on the next steps.

Comment

• DKGRNMARINE
                DKGRNMARINE commented
                Editing a comment
                Female Candidate here. I Took my Power Test today and passed. 4 LAPS around the building even the males felt this heat wave we are having. No matter how much water i consumed to hydrate days beforehand my mouth was so dry today I couldn't even swallow anymore it was pure torture. I cant sugar coat it.

When I got back inside i was soaked and realized my body was doing its job all along. Those who passed all went back inside to fill out paperwork upstairs. Not much movement going on right now in terms of Academy dates and hiring but they did give us a date for the drug screening soon. I am grateful.

We only did the sit ups and run portion as mentioned and will have to do the full test again as mentioned. It was smooth and social distancing was practiced to the T. Thanks to the Female Officers who were there motivating us ladies during the run. That truly helped me when my throat went dry.

"You just might have to run the final lap as if someone is shooting behind you" ---My fathers advice
                Last edited by DKGRNMARINE; 06-20-2020, 03:59 PM.

• 60630Chicago
                60630Chicago commented
                Editing a comment
                DKGRNMARINE Apparently 19-7 goes back sometime in July. Do not expect another academy class until possibly October/November worst case scenario. 19-7, 19-8,19-9, 20-1, 20-2 (were in the academy two days.. so they MIGHT add more to them possibly, which could be September.)

• Four g63
                Four g63 commented
                Editing a comment
                I wish I could say the same thing. My throat was clogged, my mouth was dry and my legs almost gave out because nobody was holding my legs for the sit ups portion. It was relatively easy, however, the heat wave really nailed most runners for the 1.5mile section.

Seen some kid fail, 36/37 sit ups.

Would anyone know when they may possibly do re-testing for people who didn't pass one of the pre tests yesterday?

Comment

• 60630Chicago
                60630Chicago commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably a couple of months. I’d think about 2-3 but it could be sooner so keep training if you didn’t pass. You will be taking one right before you join the academy and throughout as well.

• travler83
                travler83 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Sir

Good to see some power test activity on here and the academy coming back into operation. Good job to those who passed and keep trying for those that didn't. It sounds like the heat and humidity didn't help much not to mention gyms being closed.This sort of goes without saying but practice the sit ups and a timed run before going to the test. I usually would not run the night before the test (that worked better for me). Sometimes when your body is telling you to stop you need to self-motivate because it's "mind over matter".

When I was taking those power tests I would tell myself that I am the only thing stopping me from getting my dream job and that finish line was the job offer and everything I worked hard to get. I never failed a power test. Not bragging just saying. Pace yourself and timeout when you need to clear each lap. Anyway, I personally can't wait to have these classes finally wrap up and get some extra help on the streets. Good luck to you all in the process.

Comment

• Four g63
                Four g63 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for your sincere comment and support.

This isn’t my first rodeo. Having a background in police operations really makes a difference-I just wish I applied earlier for Chicago because most of my close friends are officers for CPD.

See you all on the other side and good luck!

• southpaw1
                southpaw1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Four g63 You're welcome. No rush...we're not going anywhere!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6537 users online. 372 members and 6165 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X