300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joliet + des plaines

How are the details over there? Because both are larger departments are there still enough or security details to go around?

I use to Live in JOLIET and I have a Brother that is on the Joliet force and I have been on some ride-a-longs with him and every time that I have gone with him they would announce at Roll call that they have hired 4-6 officers. Joliet is a growing suburb and from understanding one of the BEST paid out there. Every time I talk to him he is telling me that they keep annexing land to the West and to the South. So I would have to assume that they will need to keep hiring to fill them spots as they build more homes and attract businesses. I don't know to much about Des Plains since I was born and raised on the South Side of CHICAGO, GO SOX!!!!!
    Don't Think About The Pain, But Think ABout The Gain!

Comment

Joliet starts at around $39k; there's a lot of other depts that do better than that... and there is a residency req inside city limits, but other than that, there is a lot of expansion going on, that's true...

Comment

Originally posted by flydream777 View Post
        Joliet starts at around $39k; there's a lot of other depts that do better than that
        $39K is pretty high to start for Joliet. Try...

$35,623 Starting salary
        $47,620 After 1 year of service *
        $58,144 After 2 years of service
        $62,318 After 3 years of service
        *merit increase based upon satisfactory evaluation

I really don't know of another department that pays $62K after three years. So doing better than that???
        "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Ok, well Aurora starts at $42,640 and goes up to $56,840 after six months, so one could reasonably estimate that they exceed $62K by three years... Naperville is probably around the same, although they're not the most "favored" dept in this forum...

Comment

of that 62K, is there any opportunities for detail pay? For example our dept here makes 33to start and goes up to 50, but even if ur making 33k, you can still make close to to 90k with all the details like road jobs and security for places.

Comment

Bolingbrook to start is $51,500. First year ann. will be $62,500. Top out is start of 5th year. For this year top out is $73,600, next year will be $76,550 (usually get 4% in contract) as a comparison for the area. That general area of Will/DuPage usually pays rather well.
              I really don't know of another department that pays $62K after three years. So doing better than that???
              It just takes one year...lol
              Last edited by dogcop; 05-14-2007, 08:15 AM.
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                Bolingbrook to start is $51,500. First year ann. will be $62,500. Top out is start of 5th year. For this year top out is $73,600, next year will be $76,550 (usually get 4% in contract) as a comparison for the area. That general area of Will/DuPage usually pays rather well.
                It just takes one year...lol
                Where did you find this info??? This is what I found.

"Starting salary $45,800. Salary after 5 years of service will be a minimum of $65,432."
                "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Originally posted by flydream777 View Post
                  so one could reasonably estimate that they exceed $62K by three years...
                  If you do not know, factor in the employment that Chicagoland Speedway gives the Joliet officers. Some make up to three to four thousand in a three day weekend.

Comment

Where did you find this info??? This is what I found.
                    Directly from the Contract The numbers you found were from the old Contract before the new one was ratified last year.
                    www.saveavet.org

Comment

When was the last contract amended?

Comment

It was May 2006.
                        www.saveavet.org

Comment

I'm not so much concerned with starting pay/base pay. I'm just asking about the outside details for those two dept.'s Again, for example we get paid around 18/hr for our regular 40 hour week. We have the opportunity to work details like road jobs and work the doors at clubs for 34/hr. Are there alot of opportunities like that in those two cities?

Comment

Aurora's actually starts at a little more. $45k to start, after six months it goes up to $60K. Top pay is around $75K. They have a problem with filling their details because they have so many. My BI told me that guys pull down around $100K a year with the OT.

Comment

Originally posted by pnwcopper View Post
                              Aurora's actually starts at a little more. $45k to start, after six months it goes up to $60K. Top pay is around $75K. They have a problem with filling their details because they have so many. My BI told me that guys pull down around $100K a year with the OT.
                              You're exactly right. Maybe I did the math wrong, because what i have says 21.32/hr starting then after 6 mos it's 28.42/hr. And yes, there is an abundance of overtime and extra jobs; i heard of one guy that made over $120k in a year...

But about Joliet, I know that there is some OT, i'm not sure exactly how much; my friend has mentioned working extra jobs out at the mall walking around for a couple hrs... pays well...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4122 users online. 231 members and 3891 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X