Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26th and California Jury Duty

Good Evening,
    Today I got for Jury summons in the mail for 26th and California. Anyone ever been called here for Jury Duty or to testify in a trial? If so what should I know about the "Hotel California?" And for Lunch would you Redmond staying in or going out of the Building? I heard the neighborhood is not very nice. Thanks

Originally posted by Chicago1991 View Post
    Good Evening,
    Today I got for Jury summons in the mail for 26th and California. Anyone ever been called here for Jury Duty or to testify in a trial? If so what should I know about the "Hotel California?" And for Lunch would you Redmond staying in or going out of the Building? I heard the neighborhood is not very nice. Thanks
    If it’s an issue, you can have your location changed to any other location in Cook County, including the suburbs. You just have to call the number on the summons.

Comment

Saw an article recently that claimed that over 40,000 California residents got out of jury summonses last year by claiming to not be US citizens, thus disqualified. Amazingly enough, the primary source for potential jurors is the voter registration rolls.

Go figure!

Comment

• Jami86e
        Jami86e commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to live in California. When they send the summons there is a list of excuses why you can't serve. You check one or more off, send it in, and they don't question it or ask for proof. It's a common fact. It's more likely that those people are lying to get out of jury duty.

Have your Jury Notice with you. Show it to the Deputy at the garage across the street to park in it. Get there about 0800 to beat the rush into the garage. Bring reading material, it's going to be a long day. You can eat in the cafeteria on the 2nd floor of the newer building. Food ain't horrible, otherwise there's a Mexican restaurant 1 block north on 25th Pl- California. Don't want to take your car out for lunch, or you might not find a parking place when you get back.

Hint: The Mexican guy on the catering truck parked on California has some kick-***z homemade tacos, if you get out before about 1230 for lunch. Grab them and a pop, then go eat it in the café on the 2nd floor of the court building. You can also grab a couple slices of Falco's Pizza from the truck outside,too. These are the quickest ways to grab lunch.

This is from me spending most of my adult life going to that place.

Note: If you are a copper going there you CAN carry your gun at 26th St, as opposed to the outlying CC Courts. Just go in the line to the left and have your star and ID out. Only time a copper CANNOT carry is Jury Duty. Then after going through the checkpoint , turn left and check it in the Sheriff's Office.
      Last edited by ChiTownDet; 11-06-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Chicago1991
        Chicago1991 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have heard that the area around 26th and California is kind of sketchy, is that true? Seems like people also say to avoid the pop eyes on California as allot of newly released inmates from the jail are often there. This is the third time I've been called for jury duty the other two times were at the Daley Center, booth times I got to go in the Court Room.

• ChiTownDet
        ChiTownDet commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, the Popeye's is all thugs going to court on their cases, and the cheering section they bring with them. Neighborhood isn't the best.

• Chicago1991
        Chicago1991 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, and I suspect that wearing the red juror sticker in Popeye's may as well be a bulls eye.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12626 users online. 489 members and 12137 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X