300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring list

Are agency’s allowed to bypass hiring lists? They claim a background was done but two current employers were not contacted, neither were references. When I attempted to FOIA any information I was told no background exists.

What agency?

Just because employers weren't contacted doesn't mean a background wasn't conducted. Perhaps some red flags were raised prior to a formal background check. In law enforcement an informal background check (word of mouth, etc) is just as important. Harsh, but real.

Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

If something popped right away such as your prints came back or something on your cqh that was an auto DQ situation they would never move on to contacting employers.

Comment

Per our ordinance I can hire anyone from the list, I am not bound to hire in the strict order that the P&F Commission place them.

With that said I have always followed their recommendations.

Comment

Never had prints taken by them. I’ve been at my current department for years, no issues what’s so ever. They say a complete background was completed. I tried to FOIA the background to know what they think they found and they said they don’t keep paper copies of any backgrounds. The entire thing seems odd to me.

Comment

Stephdakel hit it on the head. A friend of mine passed all requirements for a department. He was told off the record his administration gave him a bad reference on chief's call. Two sides to every side.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8489 users online. 384 members and 8105 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X