Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Departments asking about other Departments applied to?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Departments asking about other Departments applied to?

Why do departments ask what other departments you've applied to? I hate this because now I have to put down Chicago and that I didn't get passed the psych. I know they keep the psych results secret but I still have to say I failed it right? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by Johnnyblade View Post
    Why do departments ask what other departments you've applied to? I hate this because now I have to put down Chicago and that I didn't get passed the psych. I know they keep the psych results secret but I still have to say I failed it right? Any insight would be much appreciated.

I know, I hate listing all the departments that I am in the process with. I too failed that CPD psych. If they ask me why I have applied at all of these departments I would say "there is a lot of competition for limited positions". Your dream is to become a police officer you can't put all of your eggs in one basket for one department. I wonder if they can find out what departments you have applied for?

Comment

I don't know if they can really check if you applied to different PD's, except for tracable actions (if you got fingerprinted for that dept.). They are not going to just call departments at random and there is no application database. They more than likely go off what you tell them.

Comment

I think if you take 10 PD tests and get denied for the psych on all 10, it may be a red flag to other dept...but if you applied for 10 and failed the psych on 2, and the other 8 those Dept just needed 3 officers and they picked 3 other people that were a better fit, then I don't see anything wrong with that. Failing a psych doesn't mean your nuts....each Dept. has a certain "character" they are looking for and they give those guidelines to the Dr's, they then go off your written and oral and see if you fall under those guidelines....If you fail a psych, don't let it get you down or keep you from trying. But if you have failed several psych tests, just be prepared that if they find that out, they may think that LEO may not be the field for you. Just my 2 cents
        Last edited by 0311Grunt; 05-11-2007, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I think you guys are reading into it a bit more then needed. It is showing that department you want to be a police officer and you are not getting discouraged by any problems. There are many police officer working right now that failed psych test at one department and passed for the one they are working for. So, just list a few and you'll be fine. I really doubt departments call other departments to ask where you are on the list. All testing information is property of the department and you need a court order to have it released to any other party or even to you. If you fail a portion of any testing your folders are destroyed by law. So if you test for the same department you are starting all over again and they have No information about you until they start the other phases of the testing process. Just relax and keep testing!

Comment

I know wiht the dept. I applied to listing off other places I had applications did a few things, it explained why nearly every dept in the Suburbs had run my DL and why my prints were on file in several towns, it showed presistance and determination, and I could articulate that in an interview, in the end I found a spot that fits me well.

Comment

I've applied to more than I can remember in the past so I just list the last couple I do remember or most recent I can recall.

Comment

^^^ same here.

I will put down a couple departments. No way can I remember the departments I applied to but never made it to the test due to conflicting dates or changing my mind.

Comment

I dont know what some of you guys are talking about, getting a court order and ****....Your BI doesnt need a court order.....They have all my test results from all the Depts I tested 4......If you keep failing psych tests maybe thats a sign to move on.....Its not 4 U......If you fail 10 psych tests.....SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3133 users online. 135 members and 2998 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X