300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POWER score

I'm in the process of training for the power test. Is this strictly pass/fail, or will you score be graded against others? If so, how do they do this with males vs females? I know there are minimums just didn't know if I should strive for a better score if that was possible.

It's pass/fail, but the guidelines vary based on your gender and present decade of life. All that can be found here: http://www.cityrm.org/290/Minimum-PO...t-Requirements

Comment

^^^ what they said. It’s pass/fail..

Comment

As stated, pass/fail. There's no bonus points for being a gazelle who can do the 1.5 mile run in four minutes flat. Good on you for your fitness if you can though.

Comment

It is pass/fail at the academy. However many departments have you max out your sets because they DO TAKE who is the most physically fit into account when determining hiring. Multiple Chicagoland departments don't accept the POWER card and require you to test at their PD. They will have a score sheet and do consider those when coming up with the final eligibility list.

Comment

^ Uhhh... what?

I’ve only ever seen one suburb department use a power test to determine who gets ahead in the event of a tie with final percentages. Other than that, EVERY single department in this state, including Chicago and ISP, makes it a pass/fail test.

With that also being said, a majority of the Chicagoland departments DO accept the power card and have been utilizing them for the past 3/4yrs. It saves departments money and also spares them some liability. The power test isn’t even considered in the final standing. It’s just pass/fail. Final scores consist of written test + interview + preference points and that’s it.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
              scotty_appleton814 commented
              Editing a comment
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he just said.

• Jami86e
              Jami86e commented
              Editing a comment
              This is irrelevant to the POWER test question, but I have seen a department write down the exact date and time you turned in your application. In the event of a tie, they would bump up the person that turned their app in first.

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Llol at your reaction Raiden341. Yeah I agree with you and Jami86e on that one. I have personally seen the turn in time of an app be the deciding factor in breaking a tie on a list.

• Raiden341
              Raiden341 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve seen application date be a tie-breaker too.

I'm guessing Wershen is speaking specifically about Vernon Hills. I know they are still doing their own POWER test on site, and I've heard they run things differently than everyone else does.

Comment

I just took the power test and the only thing you can even remotely max is the run. They stopped you once you hit the minimum on everything else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8234 users online. 393 members and 7841 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X