300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Illinois University Public Safety

Does anyone have any insight as to what the work environment is like at Northern Illinois University Public Safety since Chief Phillips took over a couple years ago? I know that just this year they finally got rid of most of their Prius and started using tasers. Looking for insight , as I noticed they have to test for police officer and security officers every 6 months if not more often. Wondering if there is a specific reason they have a high turnover rate and always seem to be hiring

Officers leave for larger departments with more opportunities , a better pension, and a dept where they wont be dealing with college kids for 30 years.

Comment

NIU Officer get state benifits and health care‚Äč. They have officer on local swat team, county major crime task, as well as having 2 k-9. Last I heard they still didn't have radar or computer in their squad. They are also very community policing focused. As it being a college campus not much happens. When I worked as a civilian there overnight, most of the calls officer got were alarm trips by staff, check well being on drunks, and traffic stops. They work 12hr shifts and new guys often have a lot of forced overtime

Comment

And work until you're 67 for a pension...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4789 users online. 227 members and 4562 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X