300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calumet Park

Did anyone else here apply to Calumet Park? Any word yet?

They sound fairly short handed on the net, at least on midnites. If you're certified, you should probably expect to hear something soon. I saw they had an ad for entry level, can't think of the last time I saw them give a test.

Fairly busy for a small town of about 8000. Borders Chicago on the far southside near 127th & Halsted & to the north & northwest. They get some Chicago spillover. A lot of losers commit their crimes in the area & flee on I-57. Also borders Blue Island to the west & south.

The town has a ton of slightly lower income apartment complexes & a string of disgusting motels on Ashland between Vermont & 127th, they get called there all the time. They have a club/bar on Ashland right next to Chicago which attracts riff raff. They also have some fairly newer business crammed in along 127th. Tons of gas stations with problem subjects loitering, etc & it seems like there are disturbances every night at the McDonalds.

Decent place to go if you want to stay kinda busy & not just take barking dog calls. I think they top out in the mid 80's after about 8 years. Just like the advice I gave those interested in Harvey: learn the job, get experience, stay out of trouble on/off duty & stay or move on somewhere else. Don't let non-coppers discourage you about certain agencies.

Comment

Appied there. Had an oral interview last month. Haven't heard a word since then.

Comment

• ChiSoxCJ
        ChiSoxCJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. Hopefully they contact us soon.

They use to always be on the blueline looking for laterals.

Comment

Has anyone been offered a job in Calumet Park? I seen the job posting up a couple of month ago... They took it down and now its up again. Do they keep a potential list? Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

• ChiSoxCJ
          ChiSoxCJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I also interviewed with them and did the ride along. No word from them yet. Saw them post on blue line as well... Seems strange.

• Mario5891
          Mario5891 commented
          Editing a comment
          ChiSoxCJ how long did it take for them to reach out to you after submitting you application?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8587 users online. 232 members and 8355 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X