300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEMRT Training

This is probably for the suburban coppers. Has anybody else noticed when then new catalog comes out, the best classes seem to be filled on the first day & there is a long wait list? I needed that Lead Homicide class in Cal City, but it was beyond packed. Does anybody know if you get automatically enrolled in the next class if you are on the previous wait list?

That's a good question but I don't have a good answer. I've noticed the same; classes seem to fill up instantly. I think there does end up being a waiting list but your training coordinator probably knows more about it. Last NEMRT I got to take was ARIDE down in Bensenville.

Comment

It's always a problem. I suggest you do what you can to get to know the instructors, more than once an instructor has been able to make room for me or one of my officers even when the class was full. Other than that you just have to keep checking NEMRT and sign up as soon as you can. I'm on a wait list for two classes myself right now.

It really shows the need for more classes, I don't understand why more classes aren't put out when there's obviously a lot more officers wanting to take them than spots for those classes.

Comment

I had this same problem what I found out from my command staff is that they have to basically be sitting by the computer when the classes open because they instantly fill up. All the NEMRT classes ive been to the director guy always told us if you really needed a class contact him directly and he will try to help you out. you can also try Tri-River they have classes in the Will County area and are way easier to get into but they have a lot fewer classes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4986 users online. 203 members and 4783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X