300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP Cadet Class 115

All of you in the running...all 123 of you....where ya at? Last of the interviews on the 3rd of May and we should hear something within 10 days or so. So by a week from this Saturday, hopefully we'll know if we're in or we're out.

Post here if you can.

Ok, supposedly the letters have been sent out. I'm expecting to get one by Monday, if not Saturday. Anyone get theres yet?

Comment

I received my letter today saying I have been certified to the Director.
      Hope to hear something this next week about the medical.
      Good luck to everyone in the process.

Comment

Congrats!!! I haven't received my letter, I expect it on Monday. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Good luck to both of you.
          183 FBINA

Comment

Good luck to you all. We can use you on the road.

Comment

I signed up to take the summer ISP test in Chicago online. Has anyone received an invitation to take the test yet? Hope I didn't forget to hit a "send" button or something stupid.

Comment

I got my letter and was certified to the Director for appointment. I guess I'll wait for the ISP to contact me next!

Thanks to all those who have helped with information and answering questions. You've been a great deal of help!

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Now comes the hard part - waiting and anticipation.
                    183 FBINA

Comment

Received the call from the State Police today. They said the letters for the Medical and Vision tests were going out today.
                      My vision test is Tuesday, Academy orientation Wednesday, and Medical Thursday.
                      Does anyone have any experience with the Academy orientation and what the Medical consists of?

Comment

Yeah, I'm having some really tough times finding flights and this is our biker weekend. So far I've avoided my current agency from shooting me. But I really have to be back to work Thursday. Does anyone know what time we typically get out on orientation day? There is a flight that leaves at 5:30pm but if run up to till 5 on the money, that's gonna be almost impossible. If it's more like 4pm, then I'm good.

Comment

When I went through, it wasnt orientation it was TABE testing day. It started at 8 and ended at 7pm. We took some behavior tests in the morning, and then had drug testing in the afternoon with uniform fitting(cadet uniform) and then a presentation by our fitness instructor and TAC presentation from Tpr. Tanner who is still doing Tac as of now. I assume orientation is the kinfler gentler academy way of welcoming you and it may not take as long. The medicals and vision take a couple hrs of waiting and 30 min of testing. I believe your class will start June 23rd or sometime around there correct? The list of items to bring to the academy will be given to you on orientation day I presume. Bring what they say but be prepared to get more supplies your first weekend home. They only tell you half of what you really need. Pack light for check-in day. Youll carry your luggage for a couple hrs in the parking lot and gym. And make sure to get in shape before going or they will dog you in pt and in drill. Get used to running 4-6 miles evry other day before going. They will start with 2 mile runes 3 days a week and work up to the 6 mile loop twice a week. Wouldnt hurt to work on push-ups and front leaning rests(hold in up position of push-up). Expect to be in this position quite frequently and for 5 minutes or more without a break. Dont want to be the one that cant hold theirselves up. In summary, expect everything, say nothing, do as told and youll be fine through it all. Best job in world and you'll never regret it.

CC111

Comment

Thanks for the information.
                            What is the proper dress for orientation?

Comment

You guys are damned lucky...congrats!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4941 users online. 253 members and 4688 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X