300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westchester

I cant imagine this town does much hiring. Anyone kmow anything?

I'm not sure where Westchester is. Could call them and ask if they're making a list soon?

Comment

Did anyone apply this go around? Or apply in previous years?

Comment

I tested there back in 2012? When I tested, the physical was pass/fail and they only interviewed the top 10 from the written. Everyone else got dumped. I was 12 and went to 10 from preference. Then went from 10 to 5 from the interview. Got a call to advance to background after about 6 months. Had to reject the offer though because I was already hired by CPD at that point.

I know they are picky with who they want. Another guy who was with me in my CPD class, funny enough, was top 3 on my list too. They told him he didn’t pass background and booted him quick. As far as we knew, they hired 2 from that top 10.

Comment

Man...you really don't like my department Raiden341 I think CPD takes the "whole" candidate and person into consideration versus a perfect candidate on paper and I don't need validation as a qualified candidate because...call me crazy but I've walked away from a nice suburban pd job where I tested with over 300 candidates to get. Not bragging but just saying CPD candidates are just as good as any other PD. It's not perfect but I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
            Man...you really don't like my department Raiden341 I think CPD takes the "whole" candidate and person into consideration versus a perfect candidate on paper and I don't need validation as a qualified candidate because...call me crazy but I've walked away from a nice suburban pd job where I tested with over 300 candidates to get. Not bragging but just saying CPD candidates are just as good as any other PD. It's not perfect but I love it!
            How did my post say I didn’t like your department exactly...? I literally said I rejected Westchester because I got hired on at CPD and another guy who was on the same Westchester list as me, got booted from Westchester’s background and got hired on CPD as well...

If I was bashing CPD, I’m pretty sure I would’ve said it was a terrible decision to not take their offer because the city sucks. Which I didn’t even say in any way/shape/form.

Comment

Come on Raiden341 you know the wink was me making a joke out of what sooort of came across to me as a swipe at your former pd man. I'm not on these forums to stress people out. Stuff gets lost in translation or misinterpreted sometimes but I really didn't intend for you to take it the wrong way. People say stuff all the time about CPD I wouldn't take it personal even if you did say that. We're on the same team brother...same team! I don't need any more drama in my life lol

Comment

Was anyone there?

Comment

Has anyone gotten their results yet?

Comment

Anyone heard anything?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7843 users online. 379 members and 7464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X