300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Board and eligibilty list

Hey everyone....just have a few questions as I'm in the application process.

1. I'm going for the oral board review this week. Is this a part of the process that just about everyone who applies makes it to or do they only select certain people for the oral reviews?

2. For a different department, the initial eligibility list is out and i'm pretty much in the middle, around 50 out of over 100. Does that pretty much mean better luck next time or is it probable(not possible, anything is possible) that they would get down to the 50's or higher?

On a side note, I had no idea how much preference points could help. There's only a 6 point difference between me in the 50's and the top 6 people on the list. If I had a degree or military experience to get preference points i'd be right up there....oh well.

It depends on the department. No, not everybody makes it; only those that pass. Some departments will only take the top scores first-others will give the interview to all that passed. Believe me, LOTS of people wash out after the interview phase. Wear a tie.

About the eligibility list... don't give up hope. Many people are taken off of it for not passing the previous steps of the hiring process. And yes, preference points do make a difference, depending on your spot on the list. Also, don't just stick to one department. There are many others who are also hiring.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2164 users online. 151 members and 2013 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X