300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State reciprocity exam

I'm an officer in Iowa and I have been offered a position in Illinois with the following conditions...40 hr Mandatory Firearms Course, 40 hr Law Course (Online), State Exam – 200 questions.

I'm in no way worried about the firearms portion or the online law course. However, I was told there isn't any information provided by the state on what to study for the 200 question (one shot to pass) exam. I found some information on here in old forum posts from 2015 and earlier. If anyone can point me in the right direction or has any study materials from a recent academy class that I can prepare for the test with, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you're willing to share any notes or study materials with me send me a PM and I will gladly provide my email address. Thanks in advance!

The good thing is that you are already a cop. So you are familiar with elements of crimes. And the test is really about elements of crimes and I remember don't remember much else. But I passed. Oh another thing, it's an Illinois. If I told you what the standard to pass was, you'd laugh. Buddy you will be ok. But you can start working your new job and have a little while before you have to take the test.

Comment

I believe you need a 66% to pass, so like 130 something right. That 40 hr. online will have most of what you need to pass. Illinois law I'd study is the (720 Ilcs) robbery, theft, burglary, battery, sex crimes, and IVC (vehicle code sec. 625 ILCS, licensing, equipment, Chap 3, 4, 11, 12).

Comment

Thank you both for the info. I’m sure I’m more worried than I should be but I sure as heck don’t want to fail the test and have to go to another academy. I know someone who lateraled into Illinois, failed it and then had to go back to the full academy. He did fine with the test(s) at the academy but the fact that he failed his one shot has me somewhat freaked out about it...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5840 users online. 198 members and 5642 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X