300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part time academy

The local police department wants to put me through the part time police academy. What exactly does the entail?

I didn't go to the part time academy but this may help?

http://www.letac.org/parttime.html

Comment

• Tactical_Viking
      Tactical_Viking commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man. That was actually very helpful. I have to call the chief today to see what classes are available. Hopefully it’s something soon.

Originally posted by Tactical_Viking View Post
    The local police department wants to put me through the part time police academy. What exactly does the entail?
    count your lucky stars. Instead of the state police academy, like many locals go through, you will have a college like experience as opposed to a mock marine corps boot camp experience.

Comment

• Tactical_Viking
      Tactical_Viking commented
      Editing a comment
      I would rather be full time, not sure how long that would take. Interesting side note, I spent 4 years in the Corps, so I’d love to see how they would compare themselves to that.

• NW121
      NW121 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you can get the part time certification, it's not going to hurt your desire to be full time. It's more training, more experience you'll have that other applicants won't.

You’d appreciate it. My TAC (teaching, assessing, correcting) officer was a Marine. They steal a lot of Marine Corps things, from the yellow footprints in the parking lot, to squaring corners, etc. I didn’t personally learn much of anything about policing from that academy. I learned how to march, keep my eyes staring straight ahead, and make a rack with a perfect 4 inches of sheet at the top. You aren’t a 21 year old kid that might need the discipline like some of my recruit classmates did, so you wouldn’t really benefit from the experience. Trust me, you’re better off with one of the other academies like SWIC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8730 users online. 409 members and 8321 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X