300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Acadmey start

Anybody know when the next Cook County Police Academy (Triton College)
    starts? The reason I ask is the Village that is hiring me just called and I still need my poly/psch/medical/BI final POWER test completed! I heard there is an academy starting in June? I know they NEED to fill this slot and I am the only one they are starting a BI on, so I guess they are gonna speed me through the process?? anyway anbody know of a start date?
    Last edited by Southside; 04-22-2007, 06:17 PM.

Originally posted by Southside
    Anybody know when the next Cook County Police Academy (Triton College)
    starts? The reason I ask is the Village that is hiring me just called and I still need my poly/psch/medical/BI final POWER test completed! I heard there is an academy starting in June? I know they HAVE to fill this slot and I am the only one they are starting a BI on, so I guess they are gonna speed me through the process?? anyway anbody know of a start date?

That's alot to do by June. Don't jump the gun because until they tell you that you're hired, you're just another applicant. A department doens't HAVE to fill an academy spot, seeing that there are numerous academies that you can be sent to. SLEA, Chicago, PTI, etc...

Comment

Where did you rank on the list?

Comment

I was number 5 on the list. The head of the Board of the Police and Fire Com. told me that they need to send someone to the next academy he said he thought in June? He also confirmed that I was the only applicant they were calling to fill the vacancy. I realize it is alot to get done in just over a month and a half but it is a small agency of only 30 sworn and it is not unheard of around here to send an applicant to the academy when the BI is still in progress if they feel confident about the applicant. They use the Cook County academy to my knowledge, just curious if anyone knew the next start date. Thanks!

Comment

Found it

after digging for a bit, changing my search terms in GOOGLE, I was able to find the schedule. Here is a link in case anyone else is curious http://www.ptb.state.il.us/training/...iedCourses.pdf
          the schedule can be found on page 5

BTW next academy start date is 070907

Comment

Isn't all of cook county's training out of morraine valley? I didn't know Triton did an academy.

I really wouldn't want to go off to the academy,knowing my BI and other stuff isn't complete and quite possibly get pulled for whatever reason, and have to beg for my previous job back.....
            Last edited by angelasdad; 04-22-2007, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by angelasdad
              Isn't all of cook county's training out of morraine valley? I didn't know Triton did an academy.
              They train the correctional officers and the court deputies at morraine, the police are trained at Triton College.

Comment

Originally posted by angelasdad

I really wouldn't want to go off to the academy,knowing my BI and other stuff isn't complete and quite possibly get pulled for whatever reason, and have to beg for my previous job back.....
                I know of 2 people who that actually happened to. Both times the departments had yet to finish the backgrounds when the academy began. Both failed to disclose a minor detail in their past (one for not telling the truth about getting fired in his teenage years). On the plus side both people wound up disclosing the details to future departments and are excellent police officers elsewhere.
                Last edited by robert2006; 04-23-2007, 01:05 PM. Reason: 123
                My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6200 users online. 324 members and 5876 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X